1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after shooting my two Springfield G.I's with short triggers, I've come to the conclusion that I just LOVE short triggers...and WANT one on my Ultra Tactical II.

Not having gorrila hands, I'd prefer the short trigger over the "long" stock one which comes on my Kimber.

Looking in Brownells has me dissapointed as noone other than STI offers a short trigger, and even STI doesn't mention that theirs would fit the Officer's frame.

Can someone help?
Where do I get one?(the STI black one looks fine if that's my only option)

Which reputable smith would you guys recommend for such a swap?

[email protected]

swap this trigger...

for something like this...

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
robino said:
Looking in Brownells has me dissapointed as noone other than STI offers a short trigger, and even STI doesn't mention that theirs would fit the Officer's frame.
The trigger mechanisms for the Officer's Model are the same as other 1911s. So yes, the STI trigger would be fine.

Casull used to make very nice triggers, but unfortunately they are apparently out of the trigger business. BCP sells short, medium and long triggers that are very nice, however. I've used their #14 triggers on 2 guns and they are super-nice. You can check them out when their site is back up tomorrow.

http://www.carryguns.com/

·
Registered
838 Posts
Casull makes a short "match" trigger(Brownells 100-000-437).

Personally, I use Dane Burn's short trigger on all my single stack 1911s.

Oops.. I just check Brownells' web site. It does appears that the Casulls are no longer available.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Anybody know why Casull got out of the business? I own a couple and have been very happy with them. Was glad to see that they had picked up where Videki had left off.

Speaking of Videki, I hadn't heard before that they'd granted a license to someone.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
rhino465 said:
A good source for inexpensive short triggers is your Friendly Local Gunsmith (FLG). They should have a box of them from the Colts and Springfields whose owners wanted a long trigger installed.
True story. I've gotten triggers, MSHs, etc. just by asking (and paying!).

I also ask my FLGs for all of my swapped-out parts, too, when they conduct work for me. ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Are those Infinity Interlocking triggers changeable without stripping the gun? I've had students ranging from undersized 12 year olds to gents big enough to play O-line at the range at the same time.

TIA

Lonesome bullet

·
Registered
483 Posts
Maineyak,

You can buy a Scott's grip from SVI which has grit in it or you can make your own with epoxy. Not uncommon on the 2011 platform (the gun pictured).

Looks more like it was stippled, however, to me.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I like the short ones too. I got an STI to drop into my Commander. Thing is, rather than needing some fitting, it started out a little loose vertically. I don't like that...

I think King's also makes short ones. I wanted a black one, but a pro told me that they just wind up looking scuffed, so I'm going with plain aluminum. I'm sure you can still find Casull triggers if you look around.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lonesome Bullet said:
Are those Infinity Interlocking triggers changeable without stripping the gun? I've had students ranging from undersized 12 year olds to gents big enough to play O-line at the range at the same time.

TIA

Lonesome bullet
Don't think so. I've never looked at one too close but IIRC the trigger track retains the insert.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts