1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am in the market for a shorter trigger for my TRP operator. I want to educate myself on what's available and was hoping for some first hand knowledge.
Reason: my index finger seems a bit short and rests on the right edge of the trigger. This allows me to push shots a bit left. A shorter trigger would allow the pad of my finger to sit on the face of the trigger.

If the trigger is swapped out do I need to consider anything else? Thoughts or experience with specific name brands?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!
-Chris

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Full Size,
There's a myriad of brands to choose from. Personally I like the Greider triggers (available from brownells). They're very well made, the corners of the trigger pad are nicely blended. They do have to be fitted. You may need to stone the upper and lower part of the trigger pad to fit your frame.

There are many good brands out there as well, Brown, Wilson, etc. All of these will need some fitting.

Good luck.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I bought the trigger in my GI from Midwayusa. It's a Cylinder & Slide. It's a great trigger, and there was not much to the installation. I marked the top and bottom with a sharpie to see where it was rubbing, and used emery cloth to fit it. Very easy. I'm going to put one on my TRP in the next few days. I have the same short finger problem.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=511503&t=11082005

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sent my TRP back to Springfield for a short trigger. I'm stuck with short fingers as well. I had it back in less than two weeks and if there are ever any issues the Springfield lifetime warranty should cover it because they did the work. I'd recommend them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts