1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am in the market for a shorter trigger for my Springfield TRP operator. I want to educate myself on what's available and was hoping for some first hand knowledge.
Reason: my index finger seems a bit short and rests on the right edge of the trigger. This allows me to push shots a bit left. A shorter trigger would allow the pad of my finger to sit on the face of the trigger.

If the trigger is swapped out do I need to consider anything else? Thoughts or experience with specific name brands?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!
-Chris

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
ditto Dlask

And STI and Kings and a few others.

I'm gonna try an STI in oneamy SA's; I, too, have the 'push'.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Nobody does it better than Dave Berryhill

Nobody does it better than Dave Berryhill - including quality of the parts and quality of the operation including prompt shipping at fair prices.

Options include serrated and smooth. Some folks prefer a straight vertical pad rather than the more common curved but the straight pad tends to be available in fewer size options.

Overtravel control can be by adjustable screws with access through the pad or by fixed stop file to fit or by the grip safety with no stop on the trigger pad hitting the magazine release at all (see Dane Burns for the last in a choice of pad lengths). I have found both Dane Burns and Dave Berryhill good.

Brownell's offer a larger selection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts