1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some bunny fart loads that will not cycle in my new Les Baer. Therefore, I took the whole ammo can and 20 brand new Ed Brown magazines that I received in their trade-in program and unleashed 1000 rounds downrange today into a steel plate. I had only five malfunctions, and this was due to the rounds not even having enough powder to get fully ejected. I was by myself, and just took my time. I had a blast by myself. I have 1911s that cost more than my SA Loaded, but it more than holds its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Heck yeah! I did that too when I was younger. I would buy 1,000 rounds of 45 from a gun show and spend the entire next day shooting all 1,000 rounds.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Fun times.

I agree on the Loaded, too.

It’s a well made gun. Mine has zero slop and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I fired 500 rounds in a two day class and my thumb, web and trigger finger looked like hamburger! I tried Band-Aids and Moleskin didn't seem to help! Winchester Ranger 230 grn, FMJ!

Great fun....all the best in 2020,

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I thought the three of us hammering my new AO us Army 1911 for 500rds was a lot. Shooting 1,000 rds along wow you da man.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That is more than I can shoot. I hate to clean guns, but do after every range trip. Therefore if I am going to shoot a gun I have a 200 round minimum and I normally take at least 2 guns to the range. After 400 rounds at my age I begin to get a bit tired and start to loose concentration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts