1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I made up some reloads, I did 6 at 4.0gn bullsys in 200gn swc and 6 at 4.3 gn they went bang and hit the target - seemed to be ok, (I didn't want to make a bunch just in case they didn't work) I do have some lead around the mouth of the case of some of the rounds, is it not opening the mouth up enough?,
Anyhow I made up another batch last night 20 at 4.0 and will take them to the range today to see how accurate they are, this should be interesting <grin>
It's a pretty good feeling knowing I can produce my own loads, I have allot to learn yet but hey everyone has to start somewhere, I'm already addicted to reloading and will be ordering the .38spl stuff so I can load my wifes cowboy rounds, and .223 so I can load for my ar too! I can't believe the savings on the .45acp's Not including brass (which I have two cases full I have been saving all summer) and tumbling media it looks like it will cost me from 60-70 dollars per 1000 rnds depending if I stay with 200 gn or try to move to 185 gn lswc, that sure beats paying 185 dollars per 1000 for reloads!
Anyhow I'm having fun with it and will be back later and let you know what kind f groups I got with the ammo!

Thanks for everyone's help ya'll are great!
Tom

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi Tom, I too just started reloading. My 11 year old son started adding up how much I was saving and figured out he could get his new Nintendo within a few months. he already got it! I did the same though. Loaded 50, tried them out, then went back and loaded another 400.

·
Registered
196 Posts
"I do have some lead around the mouth of the case of some of the rounds, is it not opening the mouth up enough?,"

thats it, open the case just enough for the
bullet to set in.do one at a time until it
looks correct, and your on the right road
loading just a few at a time this and a
bench rest will tell you the correct load
for you gun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by clip45:
"I do have some lead around the mouth of the case of some of the rounds, is it not opening the mouth up enough?,"

thats it, open the case just enough for the
bullet to set in.do one at a time until it
looks correct, and your on the right road
loading just a few at a time this and a
bench rest will tell you the correct load
for you gun.
Thanks, I did just that a little bit ago, they look perfect now, well as far as I know what's perfect!, I'm getting ready to go to the range now, talk to you later.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts