1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local range and was practicing the DA technique of dropping the hammer after each round on a Beretta M92FS. This was with, of course, a range rental. After a couple rounds, the trigger wouldn't rebound forward into the correct firing position. I promply cleared the gun and took it back to the counter. After a couple of jokes about how your supposed to move the trigger back by hand (
), I asked for a BHP in 9mm. Needless to say, I shot more accurately with that Hi Power that I did with the Beretta, and the Kimber Compact that I usually rent. I was only shooting at five yards, but it was mainly to get the feel of the pistol. The only complaint is a little too much takeup on the trigger. Other than that, one of the most pleasant range experiences I've had in the couple of years that I've shot pistols.

Now, a BHP is definitley in my future.

------------------
Blackjack
---------21----»

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"
-Thomas Jefferson

"I'd rather take matters into my own hands if someone were to break into my home, steal my possessions, violate and possibly murder my wife, and try to end my life as well. In short, don't enter my house unannounced. You might leave on a stretcher."
-Blackjack_21

·
Registered
159 Posts
Something to keep in mind regarding trigger quality is that you can remove the magazine discharge safety and clean the action up. This mean you can fire the pistol the magazine removed, which is a plus in my book but, a good time for a lawyer if you ever use it in a self defense situation.

Hi-Powers can have very good quality trigger pulls with minimal work by a qualified gunsmith.

If you are looking for a classic pistol that is a proven performer, a Hi-Power is a good choice. You get that nice single action trigger pull, clean lines and, a slim profile for those want it as a personal defense carry gun, especially in concealed carry states

Sid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts