1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rock: This time it did great with the new Wilson mags. It even did better with the original mag.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
i threw my el cheapo original counterfeit Colt mag away already, whata piece of garbage. i shot 200 rounds of CCI Balzers using Chip Mccormick power mags with my brand new HS...worked like a chime.:rock:

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
OK...my new HS went through the first 200 rounds of CCI Aluminum 100%. Today i shot another 50 rounds of CCI aluminum with no hiccups. Then i shot 50 rounds of CCI Brass with multiple hiccups(mainly failed to chamber the first round fully into battery) and FTF the second follow up rounds(failed to chamber fully). Extractions were 100% and no problems with slide lock back after the last round. Most jams were cleared just by pulling the slide back, extracting a live round and chamber next round assisted with a slight push.
i think i'm going back to shooting CCI aluminum, less expensive also.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
i threw my el cheapo original counterfeit Colt mag away already, whata piece of garbage.
Actually, HS comes with Triple-K brand mags. They're not a "counterfiet Colt" magazine, they just say "Colt 45 Auto" on the bottom. They are a POS though. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
OK...my confidence with my HS has been restored. Today i shot 50 rounds of CCI aluminum and 50 rounds of winchester whitebox. My HS functioned 100%:rock:....no more shooting CCI Brass for my gun.:(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Actually, HS comes with Triple-K brand mags. They're not a "counterfiet Colt" magazine, they just say "Colt 45 Auto" on the bottom. They are a POS though. :biglaugh:
Thanks, I agree, and was wondering who made them. Do you know where Triple-K mags are made? I bought a couple MecGar's for my HS and they work a whole lot better.

·
Registered
456 Posts
OK...my confidence with my HS has been restored. Today i shot 50 rounds of CCI aluminum and 50 rounds of winchester whitebox. My HS functioned 100%:rock:....no more shooting CCI Brass for my gun.:(
I had the same problem with the blazer brass.It would jam the bullet into the case instaed of chambering the round.I remember awhile ago others had the same problems with it.I have always had good luck with UMC,win white box,magtec and original blazer(alum).

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
I had the same problem with the blazer brass.It would jam the bullet into the case instaed of chambering the round.I remember awhile ago others had the same problems with it.I have always had good luck with UMC,win white box,magtec and original blazer(alum).
REALLYi shouda known better:)

yeah, one of the Blazer Brass bullit retracted halfway inside the the brass casing from repeatedly hitting the ramp, i had to use a pair of pliers to pull the bullit out. i also notice the Blazer Brass shoot dirtier than others.

·
Registered
456 Posts
ya,I limped through a box of 50 rnds and never bought it again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Springs may be one weak point of High Standard 1911's.

I changed to a 16# recoil spring from Wolff. Recoil was smoother and I had no further problems. A +10 spring from Wollff in the stock mag make a hellva difference, too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Changes....

I AGREE THE MAGS SUCK. I WENT WITH WILSON AND I'M GONNA TRY SOME OF THEM CHIP MCKORMICKS MAGS TOO.
WHEN I GOT MY HIGH STANDARD I DISASSEMBLED DEBURRED THE RAILS OF ANY METAL LEFT FROM TOOLING I'M GLAD I DID CAUSE THERE WAS ON THE INSIDE RAILS AT THE FRONT AT EACH SIDE TWO LIL PIECES OF METAL STICKING UP THAT WOULD GOUGE THE SLIDE INSIDE RAILS.
GRANT IT WAS MINOR LIL PIECES BUT STILL...ANYWAY TOOK SOME POLISH AND CLOTH AND MASSAGED IT OUT, WITHOUT...DAMAGING THE RAILS, AND CLEANED. THEN SHOT 50 RNDS.

AFTER 50RNDS I THOUGHT I COULD SQEEZE A LIL MORE ACCURACY AND SMOTH THE TRIGGER.
I ADDED 18 1/2LB. RECOIL SPRING,I FITTED AN OVERSIZED BARREL BUSHING,
AND A WILSON TRIGGER AND WILSON MAGS.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Springs may be one weak point of High Standard 1911's.

I changed to a 16# recoil spring from Wolff. Recoil was smoother and I had no further problems. A +10 spring from Wollff in the stock mag make a hellva difference, too.
i also ordered some 18# Wolff recoil springs to replace the lame HS factory spring. i'll be installing a Wilson FLGR. It's gunna make one hell of a difference in the HS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
inDEED

i've only fired 50 rnds but i think i've shot enough 1911 to know where
this firearm stood. just a lil TLC and she's good to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts