1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got to go run about 100 rounds through my new Springy today. Had it for a week or two but been real busy. I am very happy to report no FTF or jams. Shot 80 or so rounds of some 230gr ball I had, believe is was PMP, and 20 rounds of this new(to me anyway) Aguila 117gr .45ACP IQ ammo. This stuff is hot. It is rated at 1450 FPS and I would believe it from the recoil and flamage it spews outta the barrel.

I am very happy with this gun, for 499.00 NIB, there can't be much better out there. this is a blued model with the speed trigger and coco bolo grips(although I replaced them with some smoother carbon units).I will go shoot some more tomorrow at the indoor range and post some pics of the gun and tgt's. Today was just a run her up and she how she functions test.....so far, so good!

------------------
45ACP
big lead hurts worse

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's a full size 5 inch blued.....I wanted a more "conventional" 1911 ie. blued

I've got a couple other Stainless guns and wanted something a little different for my re-plunge into the 1911 world again!

------------------
45ACP
big lead hurts worse

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Thanks for the post! I'm looking at buying my next Springfield within a month or so and the PX9608L seems to be just what I'm looking for. There's something about blued steel that I really do prefer.
You mentioned $499, is that about average? If so, I'll have to look really hard at it now. Springfield's webpage lists it for $770.

Mac

·
Registered
684 Posts
It may be just me but this PX numbering system for Springfield is starting to bug me! What happened to good ol' fashion "blue government" or "stainless commander"

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You'll be asking "leading" questions like I do pretty soon...Don't worry...this too shall pass...

That's the green 14.5" with candy apple/red hood whatchacallit Right?

Geez...

Really...some of us don't get the #letter thing and after it changes a couple times no matter what it's difficult to keep all those details rather than... 5" 45ACP with a FlatMSpring and a ...etc

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sounds nice, and seems to be a real fair price. I haven't got a chance to shoot the full size model yet but it may be my next purchase, you just can't beat the price and quality of Springfield.
Regards SonnyD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts