1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone will be attending the SHOT Show in Vegas January 14th thru the 17th, 2014 stop by the Armscor/RIA booth and say Hello!!! I always like to meet fellow 1911 forum members!!!:rock:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
SHOT show is a waste.

The number of time we "hear" about a new gun or other product,
that it is . . not . . available for six to ten months (a few times longer) is STUPID.

Example: Sig P227. BEAUTIFUL hand gun.
That is just now appearing on dealer shelves,
and then only to a select few.
That's TEN MONTHS.

If all they want to do is to get retailers hyped up on a new product,
then make the dealer sign an agreement to NOT talk about it until such and so date,
OR once it is in production (read that as AVAILABLE).

My local dealer ordered FOUR MILLION dollars of product at the last show.
THREE million of that has still NOT been delivered.

This all goes back to the manufacturer:
If they want to survey interest,
put out a written survey on that configuration.
WITH an estimate of when it will be available,
if interest is sufficient.
AND if they decide to not produce it, TELL US! :hrm:

SHOT show is a pre internet process that needs SIGNIFICANT improvement.

·
Banned
1,341 Posts
I predict

Remington will issue a "Target" 1911

Ruger will issue a "Target" 1911

Kimber will create 24 totally new model 1911s

·
Registered
117 Posts
I missed it last time but I'm going to try & make it this time.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Wish SHOT show traveled to different venues from year to year. Due to my location here on the east coast, I will likely NEVER be able to attend.

·
Registered
631 Posts
It does travel a bit as it has been in Orlando before which is sort of east coast. It is a huge convention and requires a facility that is large enough to contain it. There are very few venues that could host it.

It is also not a "gun show" as such. There is way more sporting, camping, fishing, hunting, archery, police stuff, etc. Sure, there are plenty of guns too. You need more than a weekend to cover it and the general public is not welcome. You need to be in the industry or an invite from someone in the industry to get in.

·
Administrator
74,047 Posts
Pretty much all the gun manufacturers are the same at every SHOT show. Kahr introduced the CW380 at the last SHOT, here we are about to see the next SHOT and they're finally starting to trickle in to stores. I had long since given up waiting for one and ended up buying the more expensive P380 instead. And yes, Colt in particular is notorious for showing off guns they'll never actually make.

Computer/technology vendors are just as bad when they hold new product shows, in fact their famous inability to get new products launched on time ultimately lead to the popular term "vaporware" being coined. But it seems manufacturers are always being pressured to show something new each year, even if it's so far behind in development they can't actually give people a release date and still keep a straight face.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ill be there for the first time.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
You guys are just missing the boat or the show in this case. Go and have fun, harass Brent at the Colt Booth, ask Dave Manson about free new reamers/milling tools, grab freebees from Gary smith at Caspian booth, dodge motor scooters in the aisles, tell Deb and Dave at SA booth you have your ideas for custom 1911, tell Les Baer you want the dealer discount on your pistol order, stupidly wait 60 minutes to have custom ear pieces made, see how much literature (crap) you can get into one of those GAMO bags, drop by Nighthawk booth, go by STI booth and wonder how there can be that many variations of a race gun, and definitely go by and see Bushnell booth bait. The list goes on, dare I say.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SHOT Show = Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show.

There is no way in the world that this event can take place in a weekend and there are not many facilities across the country that can handle that big of an event.

Monday is Media Day at the range where new offerings can be put through their paces.

The SHOT Show is a trade only event. Attendance is RESTRICTED to the shooting, hunting and outdoor trade and commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products and services ONLY. The show is not open to the public, and NO one under age 16 shall be admitted (including infants).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts