1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the qualifier set up today in my backyard with tarps to catch my brass so I could find it. Boy I have I been humbled, I sure didnot shoot as good as I thought I should. I'm slow,slow,slow. I'm in awe of people with the skill to shoot master in this thing. I shot it 4 times, twice with my 1911 and twice with my sigpro 2340. I went slow enough to git good hits, the most misses I had was 8, and they were just out side the 8" circle. My el presidentes were over 14 seconds. Just shows how much practice I need. I'd really like to spend some time with a good shooter and see what kind of pointers I could pick up. I ain't gonna quit! and hope to get to a match in a month or two. Warm barrels and tight groups: JS

------------------
Front sight,align,press

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Like they say, "Winners never quit and quitters never win". Stick in there and you will see lots of improvement. You are on the right track in looking for accomplished shooters to work with. A good coach is an assest, and a little friendly competition really helps too.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
It took me over 2 1/2 years to finally make master in CDP. I know how discouraged you feel right now, but everyone was a novice at one point. First you get good, then you get fast. Sounds like you're already good...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts