1911Forum banner

81 - 100 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
1967 Ithaca Deerslayer

This was my dad's deer gun, he gave it to me maybe 15 or so years ago.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just got this...and already loaded it up with goodies. Not intended as a HD gun...just a companion to my AR's bought while I still can. Benelli Supernova with Mesa Tactical Stock, Benelli factory 2 shot extension, top rail from EGW, swivels from Damage Industries, and Surefire / sling mount from CDM Gear. Primary Arms Micro on Ultra-low American Defense mount may or may not be temporary.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
i wanted the MP forend to be crunchier...

its sweaty-hand friendly now.

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
My el-cheapo Norinco-made Hawk 982 clone of the Rem 870 - I needed a beater gun to keep in my trunk at school:

Skateboard tape on the forend to make it less slick; there's also a strip along the underside:

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
This was my dad's deer gun, he gave it to me maybe 15 or so years ago.

Love those old Ithaca 37s. Like the old Win M12 they can also be slam fired. :D But, what's really nice is they are light and handle well. I sometimes carried a 12 gauge with riot barrel loaded with bear loads slug down on my off shoulder. One of the CPTs new into AK bought it and kept it in the camper or in the canoe for bear when he went out with the family.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Guys,

I finally got around to taking a couple of pics of my HD Mossberg SG's. One is a Mariner, the other a 500 Persuader. Some of the 500's come blued, but this one is parkerized, which I like better. I also put a couple of pics of my SA M-1A's on the Rifle pic thread if anyone wants to check them out.

Forgive the poor camera work. Thank God I am a better shot with the guns than the camera!

I am going to put slings and side mount shell holders for extra shells on both.

Sincerely,

PastorDW

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
My only shotty... A Remington 870 Police with Mesa Tactical 4-shot side-saddle, Wilson Combat ghost ring sights, Wilson 1-shot tube extension, and VCAS sling. Her name is Christina. :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
My Grandad's Remington Model 11 made in 1920 (or very close) with a Bishop gunstock and some of his other personal items.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Freakdaddy,
Those pictures are beautiful - you're a great photographer.
Are those shells from that period too? What're they made out of?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Freakdaddy,
Those pictures are beautiful - you're a great photographer.
Are those shells from that period too? What're they made out of?
Thanks for the kind words lazarus, much appreciated!

The shells are made of paper but I'm not sure what time frame they are from but definitely know it to be much later than when the gun was made. I picked those up at an auction many years ago for nothing more than decoration and the ammo box was picked up at an antique shop a few years ago for the same reason. Although not the intended reason when purchased, they tied in nicely together for the props in the photo. Everything else was his and that's a picture of him when he was 18 years old taken in 1898. The chain on the pocket watch was actually made by my great-grandfather who was a jeweler.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks for the kind words lazarus, much appreciated!

The shells are made of paper but I'm not sure what time frame they are from but definitely know it to be much later than when the gun was made. I picked those up at an auction many years ago for nothing more than decoration and the ammo box was picked up at an antique shop a few years ago for the same reason. Although not the intended reason when purchased, they tied in nicely together for the props in the photo. Everything else was his and that's a picture of him when he was 18 years old taken in 1898. The chain on the pocket watch was actually made by my great-grandfather who was a jeweler.
Just wanted to say what an amazing display that is, are you able to have it setup that way all the time? That's worthy of a very nice display case/safe.
Thanks for posting/sharing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just wanted to say what an amazing display that is, are you able to have it setup that way all the time? That's worthy of a very nice display case/safe.
Thanks for posting/sharing.
Thanks DPmax! My third floor is a finished attic that is my game room with an outdoors/huntng theme and although I never had this particular setup on any kind of permanent display, I definitely have the area for it. Never really thought of doing that with his things but really should consider it. Of course the shotgun would always be regulated to the gun safe LOL!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've become a foster parent for my friend's XPS-2 while he is stationed at Pearl. Going to use it on the AR until I get a PRO for the rifle-side matches. But first I had to do this

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Have had this M-2 for over a month now and it is becoming my favorite shotgun!!!! Rabbit and pheasant season in a couple weeks is going to be a lot of fun!!!

Attachments

81 - 100 of 211 Posts