1911Forum banner

141 - 160 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts

Ithaca M-37 Magnum, my favorite for just about anything. The original barrel is a 30" rib full choke, since then I've added a new 26" rib barrel with interchangeable chokes, a 20' cyl bore riot barrel, a 20" rifled Deer Slayer barrel, and a 20" smoothbore Deer Slayer barrel. The older 20" smooth bore Deer Slayer barrel with it's .700" bore has proved ideal for Buck and Ball loads, a .69 ball and 3 buckshot pellets.

Target shot at 30yds showing nice grouping of .69 balls and 50% buckshot hits on paper.

Some of the more inventive ammunition for the Ithaca, (l-r) BPI light brush wad with .69 ball, (the buck is loaded in the cup first and the ball on top). For the rifled barrel, special wad/sabot using a .58 Minie ball, and a "hog" slug for the rifled barrel weighing 720gr.

·
Registered
45 Posts
heres a few of mine....My turkey hunting shotgun, Stoeger 20ga. O&U, trigger work to 4lbs, both forcing cones lengthen, polished chambers, ported barrels, Rob Roberts Choke Tubes.

My dove, duck & crow hunting shotgun, Stoeger 12ga O&U, trigger job to 4lbs, both ported barrels, polished chambers, both forcing cones lengthen, Angle Port Choke Tubes

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
I refer to these two as my social workers.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mossberg 930 w/28in ported barrel

·
Registered
386 Posts
Does the 1911 Forum Appreciate Vintage Shotguns?

There is something about older shotguns, the ones made of blued steel and walnut, that IMHO makes them cousins to WWII vintage 1911's.
Anyone else have a similar opinion?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I have owned or shot all of these pumps. Not the side by sides. These side by sides were a little pricey in their day. I fear guns made like this are forever gone.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Having a soft spot for the ol' England country life and for garden and gun lifestyle old shotguns are in my radar of interesting things. Especially double barrells

Hachi808: can't get a good look from this device, what is the beaty in your 3rd pic.?

-Garth

·
Registered
47 Posts
Having a soft spot for the ol' England country life and for garden and gun lifestyle old shotguns are in my radar of interesting things. Especially double barrells

Hachi808: can't get a good look from this device, what is the beaty in your 3rd pic.?

-Garth
That's the "youngster" of the bunch. A mid-late 70's Winchester 101 Pigeon grade 410.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 211 Posts