1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had to use my Surefire and get down on my knees to check the bottom shelf of my safe, but I did find a couple of guns to bring to the show.
A 5th one is still in progress and I'm waiting on some new grips.
:)
Be sure to stop by the Louder Than Words booth #931 and say hello!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
What I wouldn't give for the grey Springer-based gun on the left....
How much would one of those cost, anyway?

As always, amazing work!

·
Registered
445 Posts
beautiful weapons, i especially like the comp you have on your colt. very smooth.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I like the black pistol with the compensator.. what's the story with that one Chuck ?. Nicely done BTW...:rock:

·
Registered
100 Posts
DAMN that one with the scallops on the top strap, mill cut on the side of the slide. Wow that just does it for me.
Every time I see your work, I just think, thats a shooter. Its nice to look at all the froo froo guns that the other top end smiths do. But every time I see one of yours I think, Id carry that not just look at it.

Hell even the engraved stainless looks like a dressy carry gun, not a gun that comes in a $1000 box to collect dust.

·
Premium Member
15,653 Posts
I like the grey one with the HP cut and fluting on the slide. I don't normally go for customs, but your stuff is in another league. All of those pistols are top-notch.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Long days and late nights and an OUTSTANDING body of work. You managed to put together a collection that offers something to everyone....including color. :) And the spring plug on the fluted gun? YOWSA!!

Safe travels, buddy. Hope you have a great show!

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Hey Chuck - I have been waiting for your call. I just know you want to take my 1911 with it's hand-cut ejection port along with you to show off. I'm certain you'll be ringing me up today to ask for the pistol, right?

:D:rofl:

Best,
Jon

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
As Borat would say
"NIIIIIIICE"

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
I think they're garish and ugly and shouldn't leave Arizona! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gar·ish /ˈgɛərɪʃ, ˈgær-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gair-ish, gar-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. crudely or tastelessly colorful, showy, or elaborate, as clothes or decoration.
2. excessively ornate or elaborate, as buildings or writings.
3. dressed in or ornamented with bright colors.
4. excessively bright; glaring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1535–45; earlier gaurish, perh. equiv. to obs. gaure to stare (ME gauren < ON) + -ish1]

—Related forms
gar·ish·ly, adverb
gar·ish·ness, noun

—Synonyms 1. loud, tawdry. See gaudy1.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Tracy,
I do what I can dude.
Those
'excessively ornate' gats are built to work, though.
:)

Edited to add:
Tawdry gats.........Man, I like that!!!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
YyyyyyyOWZA! Not something I can afford anytime soon, but I'm SURE that it's well worth twice that price.

Someday.... :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts