1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, needless to say the Pro rules :rock: but I've noticed two potential problems.... maybe.... both relating to the thumb safety.

First off, the LH safety is rubbing against the plunger tube leaving a scratch. The safety disengages fine with a clean snap, but pushing it up into "SAFE" is a bit difficult.

Secondly, the RH side of the safety is not flush with the frame. It cannot be pushed in much farther than shown but it also doesn't creep out any more than this either.

Do I need to send this gun back to the custom shop for a redux or am I over-analyzing.

Also this doesn't change my opinion of the Pro in any way. The rest of the gun is immaculate and it will go with me to the afterlife.:D
thanks

·
Banned
1,663 Posts
Wouldn't work for me, but then I would just fix it. You can take the ambi safety out and just file/stone the notch wider/deeper for the ambi, or thin the male half a bit. As far as the scratch, it will not be the last. A touch of cold boue or paint and you are good to go.

Deez.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The mark on the plunger tube on the left side is fairly normal. I have the same mark on both of my SA's(TRP Opreator and a MilSpec). But, the gap on the right side thumb is not right. If you are skilled enough you could correct it as suggested before, but for a Pro I would call Deb and send it back. SA will take care of it.
I just noticed you have Gunners on your Pro. The right side gap may be caused by the cuts for the ambi safety on the Gunners being to deep, therefore letting the safety back out. I only suggest this because I had this 'problem' with my TRP Operator.

·
Registered
210 Posts
SAFETY & SA

M499,

I sent mine back in because it was "VERY HARD" to put on safety. No problems with SA. They will take care of it. They also recrowned my barrel it had a small nick on it from FFL transfer? Give 'm a call.

Cheers,
Rich

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the help... and the compliments. :D

I'm not so worried about the cosmetic aspect of the scratch; I just thought I read somewhere that the safety making contact like this can eventually loosen the plunger tube.

The RH gap was the same with the original factory grips so I think the gunners are no problem.

For those that sent their gun back to the shop, did SA pickup the cost of shipping?

thanks again

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Ask them for a label or an account number

Otherwise you'll pay the shipping. They will reimburse you later, but you'll need to ask. If it were mine, I'd send it back.

Robert

·
Registered
210 Posts
m499,

Yes, they will pick up the shipping. When you talk to Deb in the Custom Shop she will give you UPS SA account number. It was very easy.

Cheers,
Rich

·
Registered
547 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.