1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy in our gun club has a blue TR for $1250 and it is 6 months old. He said he prefers his Springfied Professional. It is in good condition with only slight blemishes. Holster wear I think. I shoot started shooting IDPA and the only other 45 I have is a 70 series Colt. I will spend the money on a good gun so I can keep my Colt in excellent condition. Here is the questions. Would the blue TR at this price be all the gun I need? Is this a good price? Do I need a Les Baer?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a Thunder Ranch Special on order from the factory, and I can tell you that $1,250 is an excellent price. Don't worry about a little holster wear. It adds character to a gun. I would think that for IDPA it would be all you would need. You only go around once in life, get the best you can afford. Les Baer is one of the best.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
That is a very fair price for the gun.

Whether you need it or not is a decision you have to make.

If you want it. Go for it. From the owners of the Thunder Ranch out there and those who want them you should be getting emails saying where so they can take advantage of it if you do not buy it.

------------------
Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

http://www.pt-partners.com

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This must have been a trick question. LOL

------------------
If it flies it dies, If it runs it's done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Buy a TRS to protect my Colt, I don't know about that. I did buy a Baer TRS and put my Wilson TRS in the safe. If you decide not to buy it let me know. Can always use another great 1911!

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
With the recent price increase, if you are in the market for one (given in great condition) why would you not.

Grab it and shoot it like you stole it!

edit:
Oops, did not realize vintage of post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.