1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. It sounds like a T gun that has had different sights added. If it's clean and not shot much and the sight job is good, it's worth the price. If there has been a permanent changing of the pistol for the sight installation, it no longer has any value as a T-series Hi Power that a collector might want.

Best.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
If they're using the uncut original rear dovetail with something like the little adj rear sight offered under Pachmayr's name as well as others and using the original front sight, no harm. Just find an old type fixed blade if they don't have the one that came with the gun and it should be OK.

If it's been cutout for Bomar's, Novak's fixed or adj low-mount type sight, Heine, etc, it cannot be reversed.

The original T-series pistols had a staked on front sight that is simicircular in shape and the small notched rear sight. I could be wrong, but I don't THINK that FN started offering their adjustable sights until the commercial models in the '70's. Again, I'm not sure on that point.

Best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.