1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my stainless full size and I'm already starting to grow tired of the polished sides. It kind of makes the gun look cheap. I'm thinking about selling it, although I haven't shot it yet, and trying the parkerized one or maybe even the blued. Is the parkerized flat black, or does it have a grey or blue hue to it? How well does it wear? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by sean (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't quite know where you get the "looks cheap" but hey, that's your opinion. Since you bought the gun, you should know that the stainless is more expensive than the carbon steel. (I'M NOT MAKING ANY VALUE JUDGEMENTS ABOUT PARKERIZING)

Another option is to take the gun to a smith and have them bead blast the sides of the slide if the reflections bother you.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas. I might just get a brushed hard chrome job done on the entire gun. Hopefully that will have less reflection.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My SA Champion Parkerized is black.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You'd lose you a$$ on a trade even though yours is unfired. I'm currently stuck in the same situation with a Kimber CDP that I don't care for. I have a little over 975 in the gun and would never be able to come out on a trade, even though it has been fired very little.

Have a machinist or a local paint shop beadblast it, then save some cashola for a parked gun.

Cheers,
Callahan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts