1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just occurred to me that whenever I break down my new Kimber TLE RL that I do not need to use the supplied bushing wrench. The bushing rotates easily by hand. Is this okay...or is it a sign that my gun is too "loose"?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kruzr said:
Sounds normal to me. (It's not a Baer) ;)
Thanks....I never really thought about it until I was breaking the gun down in front of "an expert" (I know lots of those, at least in their own minds) and he questioned the fact that I was able to do it without tools.

I am soooooooooooooo thankful for this forum and the collective minds here. Opinions are like @$$holes...but at least here I can get a BUNCH of them and then figure out who to believe. :D

·
Banned
597 Posts
I can't turn the bushing on mine without the wrench, but that's really only because the damn.... oh hell brain fart, can't think of the part (guess that's what I get for posting at work)... cuts into my thumb when I try to push it down. Changed it out to a GI type guide rod and didn't have that problem. Turns without wrench.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think the bushing wrench might actually be there only because you might need it, not that you will need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts