1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I trade my Beretta 92FS for another 1911
the WWII looks like a nice piece but they want 445.00 for the one at my local shop(new york) but god those grips are sooo ugly
I just never use the 9mm anymore it just didn't do it for me like the .45 have done
Or a USP Compact would be nice

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats over priced for a WWII, the grips are what they looked like for WWII. you can get different grips for 10-20 bucks.

Yes get a another 1911.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I switched back to 1911's from Berettas about 4 years ago and I have not looked back. I just prefer .45 to 9mm.

My $ .02.

WJR

·
Registered
398 Posts
There's always a place for a Beretta :D

If you ever start USPSA and want to shoot production class? And they're fun, there's no recoil, the're cheaper to shoot

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
As a rule, I never get rid of a gun unless I really don't like it. I've yet to not regret getting rid of something.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Over the years I've traded away quite a few guns. Some I don't miss. Some I've been kicking myself about ever since.

A case in point is an Italian-made Beretta 92 I traded away and wish I had back. I sure do like the Beretta 92 and 96--darn near as much as the 1911.

The basic problem is that I won't know until some time has passed whether getting rid of a gun was a good idea. Of course by then it's too late.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a Beretta 96. I prefer the 40 over the 9mm, and my duty GLOCk is a 40. I love my Beretta as much as I love my SA. I had Ernest Langdon fit a Bar-Sto match barrel and do a level II trigger job on it about a year ago! Oh it is sweet! I only wish I had gotten one with night sites. I think the only way I would ever get rid of it would be to upgrade to an EliteII or something. I wonder if they'll be doing an Elite with the Vertec's rail??? Now that would be interesting. I love all my pistols and there is a reason I bought each, so I just couldn't trade or sell them for something else. But you really might want to look into having LTT upgrade it! They have some great talent and good products! Langdon Tactical Technology

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have to 2nd the Langdons recommendation. I sent both my 92FS and 96V to him, they're different guns now... the triggers are so smooth (I didn't opt for the barrel switch)

There are a number of smiths that do the trigger work, the Berettas definetly need it. I din't know how much until I had it done :cool:

·
Registered
27,704 Posts
What are you going to do with another 1911 that you can't do with the 2 you already have?

·
Registered
550 Posts
BillD said:
What are you going to do with another 1911 that you can't do with the 2 you already have?
i have to agree with billd. i just picked up a beretta 92fs and i am in love... put 150 through her today. so no if you have the means keep the beretta and snag up 1911 at a show or what not. sounds to me this might be a pulse buying situation. or the gun shop really wants your beretta...lol just my .50 though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts