1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fairly new owner of 1911's and love many of the VZ grips.
I bought a set of grey slants for my PM9 and it looks great.

Just for ***** and giggles I purchased two more pairs (dark slants and matte wood wenge.)
Before those two arrived I got a call from a nice young lady from VZ that they mistakenly shipped the "gloss" wedge grips. She said if when they arrived I don't like them just call and say so and they'd immediately ship the matte pair along with a shipping label.
I thought that they'd send me another set with no real assurance I'd send the first pair back was first-class customer service.

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
I met the owner many years ago at the SHOT show. I was there helping a friend of mine who was fairly new in the grip business and owned AlumaGrips. John and I traded a set. This was long before his company grew into what it is now. He gave me a set of the original black blasted canvas micarta Gator Grips that made him famous. Now everyone wants G10, but I still love that canvas micarta and is still on a Chuck Rogers Colt that I carry regularly. They were originally a dark green, but have aged wonderfully. I prefer them over G10 because they provide a superior grip (to me) whether wet or dry without being so abrasive while carrying IWB. I should get off my butt and order another set or two if still available.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I've always found the folks at VZ great to deal with. Every time I've called or ordered they've been friendly and responsive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts