1911Forum banner

601 - 620 of 624 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just got a Caspian frame with a Storm Lake Machine 1911-C1 slide kit in 10mm and 40. Linkless barrels, no bushing, full length reverse plug guide rod, and very nicely done. Sorry no pics as it is at gunsmith getting the external extractor replaced (I hope).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks great, nice clean lines all over.

Looking through this thread always makes me want to build my own...then looking through the threads of the top custom guys bring me back to reality on how woefully under-equipped I'd be to building my own and how much money I'd be throwing away when I ruined everything I'd touch...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was foolish enough to think that if I took my time, that I could make my first one without destroying any parts. Lets just say that I ruined two very nice, brand new barrels before I finally got it right. Minimizing gaps between parts (i.e. grip safety, frame), getting just the right fit between frame and slide; always striving for perfection is an ongoing challenge. But that's what makes building these so much fun, especially once it's completed and you can get to stand back and look at what you created!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I took delivery of this in 2002. It's old enough that the frame is forged, which I believe Caspian quit doing a short time after this period. The serial number is pretty cool.

It started off blue, but my sweaty hands and lots of use was making it look pretty rough, so I had it hard chromed. I had three extractors made as part of the build, and I killed one a while ago. Still have one to go. I have a full length guide rod in it, but have a standard as well.

Nice guns everyone-

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Basic parts gun in 38super. Nothing special to look at, but function is great.

·
Registered
175 Posts
After a long build time i picked this up New Years day. It was definitely worth the wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
.38 Super CCO..

I had this pre series 80 Colt Combat Commander slide / barrel assembly in .38 Super. Thought maybe a lightweight Caspian officers receiver would look good under it. Fire control parts from Harrison Design, S&A BTGS, Wilson Combat Bullet Proof TS, WC rounded main spring housing, WC slide release, WC mag release, and stocks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Caspian slide - Schuemann barrel

This is a custom Caspian slide and Schuemann barrel. May be a little ambitious
but I sure do like this one. This was the first time I felt sick cutting into
a Caspian slide. Came with the Expert Bo-Mar installation. This was a project that someone else gave up on and sold to me for $120.00 I found they had over cut the barrel lug, so it would never lock up right. A little welding and filing and she runs perfect. I wish I could find this kind of projects more often.
I did the bead blast finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
New Red Oak Grips

Just installed these new grips on my Caspian/Colt Commander Frankenstein gun. I put my RAASCO Hawaiian Koawood grips on my Gold Cup so I needed some new grips. Kentucky has red oak up the ass however it's not used much for pistol grips. Most of it's used to make barns, furniture and hardwood boards. We've also got tons of white oak too but it's mostly used for bourbon barrels! I still need to put some True Oil on it and they'll look even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Just finished this special pair:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Some of mine

601 - 620 of 624 Posts