1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I heard that it isn't a Good Thing to mount a Tacstar sidesaddle on a Benelli M1 Super 90 because it's aluminum and the pins are steel, and it would eventually wear out the receiver.

Is that so? I heard it from a buddy of mine, but I haven't heard anywhere else if it's a Bad Thing.

------------------
Skunkabilly Records
www.skunkabilly.com
People's Republic of California

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, the trigger pins they replace are also made of steel. the only thing you need to be careful of is not to over tighten the screw,which will cause the reciver to collapse slightly, and bind the bolt, which will prevent it from cycling. I just put a drop of locktite on the screw and tighten it till it's snug.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Supercomp is right.. The only problem would be over tightening the screws, as it is an alloy reciever.. One to many turns on those screws and you have an expensive club..
-Gilmore

------------------
ME,WE!

[This message has been edited by Citizen_Gilmore (edited 12-08-2001).]

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the sidesaddle easy to put on and take off if I wanted to convert it to a gun I can use on the skeet field without getting kicked off, or am I better off saving up for another gun?

------------------
Skunkabilly Records
www.skunkabilly.com
People's Republic of California

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
yep, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, theres only 1 screw to remove, again the hard part is not to overtighten it, when you put it back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts