1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you tell me which powders the version 5 software covers?

Specifically, is does it include Winchester and Vihtavouri Rifle and Pistol Powders?

Also, does it include data for non-sierra bullets, like LSWC and perhaps plated projectiles like Ranier?

Do you recommend the package in general? I am composing my letter to Santa as we speak.

Grinch (not going to steal Christmas this year!)

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have the new Sierra CD. It shows all kinds of powders of every make including Vhit and WW. As far as I have seen----but then I haven't looked real hard.....it only uses Sierra bullets in the load data. I know you can use other bullets in the ballistics part of it, but I haven't used that part much. I love the ease of using the computer to print out pages of load data just for what I want to experiment with. It offers Pistol, Rifle and Single Shot. I will check and see about the other bullets and cast. BTW, you can call their 800 number and ask a tech about a cast bullet load.....those guys have access to about 50 different load manuels.... I love the Sierra Infinity program and you can buy it for a few bucks less off some of the Internet dealers.........

Edit------- I just loaded the program and went through it some more. There are 19 different Mfgs. of bullets and ammo listed to use for the TRAJECTORY part of the program. Plus you can load in any kind of custom bullet as well. The LOAD data is just listed for Sierra Bullets.....but you can interpolate(sp?) this data to other bullet manufactuers product. The Infinity CD is a combination of both the Sierra Bullet Loading Manuel and their Ballistics program.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Sierra bullets and service are great. Call them up or email with any questions and you'll get prompt, courteous responses from the pros.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Condo and Scubie,

I have one more question if you will indulge me.

Does the load data as presented simply list a starting and max load, or does it show increments between those two values as well?

Very much appreciate the reply,

Grinch

·
Registered
516 Posts
It shows increments of about .3 grains or whatever it takes to move to the next step up number----usualy 50fps
I have attached a picture of a 40 SW data piece. This is only part of the data as the pic is to big to post. There is also data for all the bullet weights that Sierra makes......

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you much, that helps tremendously.

Gotta go compose my letter to Santa!

Grinch - I think he is still mad at me about "Whoville" though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts