1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the pictures posted I've seen I can't see if the external extractor is like the one Kimber uses, short and wider, or is it like the ones S&W and Dan Wesson are using on their 1911s'? Also does the firing pin safety work off the grip safety like the Kimber and S&W or off the trigger like the series 80s' Colts? AZ Husker, you have seen it and could anyone else who has seen one tell me?

·
Premium Member
20,297 Posts
I was told it's the same one Wilson uses (a majority of the parts are from Wilson). The firing pin safety works off the trigger, same as Colt.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The extractor is a longer one and the safety is series 80 like a Colt.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you AZ Husker and strick909. I am glad to hear this as I do have trouble with the firing pin safeties that work off the grip safety. It has mostly to do with my right thumb riding the thumb safety so if a 1911 has a firing pin safety I prefer the Series 80. I wonder if Sig like Para-Ordnance will have to pay Colt to use it? I also like the longer external extractor over the shorter one as I find them to be more reliable in my limited experience. Has anyone else noticed this? S&W went to a shorter and wider extractor when they introduced their third generation 9MM in the late 70s', but went back to the original shortly after. I wonder if they didn't notice the same thing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts