1911Forum banner

Sig 1911 Series 80 parts problem.

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  PD5523 
#1 ·
Newbie here with a problem.
I have a Sig Sauer 1911 on which I did a trigger change, reason being smallish hands and wanted a shorter trigger. Everything went well until I replaced the slide. The slide seems to hang up on the Series 80 piece the depresses the firing pin release. The slide seems to hang up on that piece, hence it will not cycle. I have viewed the Youtube video by icoach73 several times and everything in the frame seems to work normally until I try to replace the slide. Where should I look for a solution?

#3 ·
What would the sear spring have to do with installing the slide back on the frame? Also, there is no sear nub to hang up on the firing pin stop. The disconnector, however, does protrude from the frame.

#4 ·
The safety plunger lever should sit flush with the frame when pushed down. If not, try reinstalling the factory trigger and check the lever again. If it does sit flush with the factory trigger, I would suspect that the bow of the aftermarket trigger is too long. I have heard of people having issues with the safety lever in the SIGs, although I've never had trouble with ones I've inspected at my local gun stores.

#19 ·
Sig triggers have pretravel tabs. They may be pulled out too far or the bow may just be too long like you say. Sig also uses 3 different triggers and there is no rhyme or reason to what each gun will have so that adds to the problem.

I think Log is correct or the closest to being right.

The levers could just be out of spec too. It wouldn't surprise me.

#15 ·
The chances of an aftermarket "drop-in" 1911 part working correctly are slim at best. We have all come to terms with that fact :biglaugh:

#20 ·
Hey Custom, I was thinking the same thing - not enough pre-travel. The triggers with tabs are easy enough to work with but I prefer setting pre-travel with a die Jack Weigand sold a few years ago. Unfortunately, Jack hasn't made them for a while though I'm told he may offer a run in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.