1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the word on the new Sig 1911? I haven't heard back from Sig. Are they available yet? MSRP? Features (single-stack)? Etc...?

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
From Sig:

Feature & Benefits
• Machined and hand-fitted for maximum precision and tightest possible tolerances.
• Hand-lapped for outstanding frame-to-slide fit.
• Stainless steel construction and components ensure durability and flawless function.
• Crisp single-action trigger with firing pin safety.
• Picatinny rail accommodates a wide variety of accessories.
• 20-line per inch grooves on front strap and mainspring housing maximize control.
• Match-grade barrel.
• Uniquely designed recessed plunger tube provides rigidity and stability.

• External extractor provides greater longevity and consistency than standard GI extractors.
• Novak® sights.

GSR Specifications
Operation: Mechanically locked, recoil-operated, semi-automatic pistol
Trigger: Single-Action
Safety Features:
• Extended thumb safety
• Beavertail grip safety w/ speed bump
• Firing pin safety
• Hammer intercept notch
Caliber 45 AUTO
Length, overall 8.65”
Height, overall 5.50”
Width, overall 1.37”
Barrel length 5.00”
Rifling twist 1 in 15.75
Rifling grooves 6
Sight radius 6.50”
Weight, w/o magazine 39.2 oz.
Weight, empty magazine 2.4 oz.
Magazine capacity 8 rounds

Also, see this (closed) thread for more info - and other stuff:
http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62761

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Seems decent...parts seem quality.

looks like Caspian recon frame, grip safety, novak sights, novak mags, looks like some EGW parts,.

Seems to be generating a lot of discussion on all the boards from excitement to unimpressed..

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Have heard...somewhere between 800-1200..still a big range..

Also Matt McLearn's name is connected with the gun...so possibly why Caspian is connected. Matt had Caspian sponsorship when he was shooting IPSC and won his world championship. It was said on the Sig forum that he spec'd the parts for this gun...

·
Registered
367 Posts
My hope is that it has the reliability, zero break-in period, and ability to feed anything -- just like my P220ST -- with the great trigger, feel, and accuracy of my Kimber... on one package. Could be an amazing gun, I wonder how long it will be before they are readily available.

·
Premium Member
20,301 Posts
Matt's the man! I just talked to him and played with the new beasts at the Wholesaler's Hunting Show today. I posted a new thread about it a minute ago.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey AZ,
If you get the chance to talk with Matt again tell him thanks for eliminating the front cocking serrations, but ask him to do-away with the light rail. It doesn't enhance the looks of the gun in the slightest, and to 98% of the shooters/buyers, would not be utilized. Thanks.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Looks like a Springfield Operator. Why the rail? For most of us it is just a distraction from what otherwise is a beautiful design.

·
Premium Member
20,301 Posts
The Sig guys said there will be a non-rail version coming. Their research showed it was 50/50 concerning the light rail. I'll print these threads and give them to Matt.

·
Registered
235 Posts
woodyed said:
Hey AZ,
If you get the chance to talk with Matt again tell him thanks for eliminating the front cocking serrations, but ask him to do-away with the light rail. It doesn't enhance the looks of the gun in the slightest, and to 98% of the shooters/buyers, would not be utilized. Thanks.
What he said.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ok, noob question time. :confused:

1, What is a "Hammer Intercept Notch"?

2, What is the pin behind the serations on the right side of the slide? Is that part of the new external extractor or does it have something to do with the firing pin safety?

Rupe

·
Premium Member
20,301 Posts
1) New way to say "half-cock".
2) It is part of the external extractor (only ONE spring).

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks AZ. ;)
I didn't see it on the new Kimbers so the pin on the Sig kinda jumped out at me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What's with the 'hole-less' hammer?

And those el-cheapo looking grips.

Not to mention the notches under the dust cover!! :barf:

Maybe it just needs some getting used to...

Come to think of it, SIG could have cornered a good chunk out of the mid-priced market just by coming out with their own standard-designed 1911... :scratch: :grumble:

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
I would have like to see a similar barrel to the Sig 220.
Aluminum frame, Ramped barrel , 3 sided outside the chanber.
No barrel link.
While I'm at it the Braided wire recoil spring would have been cool.

Does anybody know when they hit the market? The customer service people claim " End of the year, Beginning of next year "
I would like to handle one. :biglaugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts