1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone handled or seen one of these pistols yet in person? If so what are the impressions. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
I got to play with them last month when they were announced at the National Sporting Goods Wholesaler show. Run a search of old threads, we discussed them in detail. I was very impressed with the selection of components and the fitting involved.

·
Registered
28 Posts
cclemen,

Go to the sigforum.com. It has the write-up on the Sig's new GSR 1911. The GSR in the photos looked really nice. Will buy it when available. The suggested retail will be $1077.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I've got one on order. I can hardly wait!
There are some interesting "reads" over there at the Sig forum. I've liked Sigs for a while but jeez there are some hard core sig finatics over there! I found some of the comments very interesting like "A sig with a manual safety:mad: ".
I couldn't help but laugh.

Anyway I can't wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone have an idea who's making a holster for this pistol? I tried Kramer and they didn't know what I was talking about.

·
Registered
836 Posts
cclemen, did you mention to kramer that it has the Caspian Recon Rail frame? I think if they new that it would hold the CQB w/rail from wilson as well as any 1911 using Caspian's Rail frame, the holster would work. I hope Kramer will make one! I love their horsehide models in the IWB 2 versions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm a huge fan of Kramer holsters. I've bought 5 model 3IWB holsters and I love them. When the lady from Kramer called me about my order she asked me if it was "like a Springfield expert". Personally I'm not familure with an "expert" model but I told her it was not like the operator. More like a Wilson's CQB with Rail.
If you look at the two pics I've attached, the frames are clearly different. Even if their both the Caspian recon frame you can see the differences. Not to mention the slides are quite different as well (the profile).
The thing I've always loved about Kramer holsters is their fit. I would want one made specifically for that gun. Based on my conversation with the woman at Kramer I don't think telling her it was a Caspian frame would be enough.

http://www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/1911-large.jpg
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=14559651

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thats true, they both START as caspian recon rails, and then they are alterered or machined by Caspian differently for the respective comanies. Either way, they may be just a bit different. Well, when the GSR comes in we'll just have to call Kramer every day and have them make them!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
For those interested I've been trying to track down a holster for this pistol now for a while.
Galco, Stony Leather, Wilson, Kramer, Blade tech, and Ted Blocker currently don't have any offerings. Ted Blocker was kind enough to invite me to send an outline of the pistol and he would try to work with it.
Milt Sparks told me to ahead and order a VH-2 and in the 6-12 week time period it takes to get to the order they may have a mold by then :( . I placed the order just to be safe.
I've got about a dozen e-mails out to other holster manufactures that I'm waiting for a resonse from. I'll post if I have any luck. If anyone else finds one please let me know.

BTW - matteblack, I agree with you totally! Let's get all our buddy's to call up Kramer! I dont' know how one can improve very much on their work.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I think you should go ahead and order from Milt Sparks. Since the pistols are not really out yet there are no molds available to form a holster around. If you send an outline like I did once you are likely to end up with a holster that will not fit the pistol. Certainly if you order from Tony now by the time he or his crew gets to it he may have a mold and you will recieve a fine hoster to post here on the forum and have first bragging rights.:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
cclemen said:
For those interested I've been trying to track down a holster for this pistol now for a while.
Galco, Stony Leather, Wilson, Kramer, Blade tech, and Ted Blocker currently don't have any offerings. Ted Blocker was kind enough to invite me to send an outline of the pistol and he would try to work with it.
Milt Sparks told me to ahead and order a VH-2 and in the 6-12 week time period it takes to get to the order they may have a mold by then :( . I placed the order just to be safe.
I've got about a dozen e-mails out to other holster manufactures that I'm waiting for a resonse from. I'll post if I have any luck. If anyone else finds one please let me know.

BTW - matteblack, I agree with you totally! Let's get all our buddy's to call up Kramer! I dont' know how one can improve very much on their work.
I really don't quite understand this holster problem. If SIG's 1911 is made to original 1911 specs, why wouldn't any holster made for a 1911 clone gun fit? Is this gun not really a copy of the 1911 A1 model?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The original 1911 did not have a light rail on it. Look at the pictures I attatched in this thread and you'll understand.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have to agree, the light rail would make a big difference in holster fit. I forgot for a moment when I posted that it was the light rail model you were concerned with. Sorry about that. I had it in my mind that it was the model without the rail that was of concern, maybe because I think that it was AZ that mentioned that SIG was also going to make this gun without the rail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts