1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum and would like to say hello. I just got a good deal on a Sig GSR revolution. I already had a milt sparks summer special II and was wondering if the GSR will fit in the holster. I pick the gun up in a couple of days. Thanks in advance,
Tom B

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I asume we're talking about a non railed Revolution? The differentshape of the slide makes it not fit in some hand boned holsters. I believe you will be alright with an SSII, but you won't know until you try it in a couple of days. And don't forget, if it fits but is really tight, you can always use the plastic bag "trick" to form it. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
tabacm11 said:
Hey guys, new to the forum and would like to say hello. I just got a good deal on a Sig GSR revolution. I already had a milt sparks summer special II and was wondering if the GSR will fit in the holster. I pick the gun up in a couple of days. Thanks in advance,
Tom B
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new blaster! The GSRs I've seen all have a slide that is a bit thicker than the std 1911 (Sig proprietary lines and all...). I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the GSR didn't fit in the ssII I even called milt sparks and they said they only make holsters for the railed GSR. I ended up going with Kirkpatrick leather, I have no knowledge of their stuff but I hope I like it. Thanks for the welcome to the board.

Tom B.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Funny that it didn't fit. Mine fit in the SSII in the Commander size. It was tight to begin with but I used the trick of placing gun in a plastic bag, inserting in holster, and leaving it for a few hours.

·
Registered
334 Posts
KyJim said:
Funny that it didn't fit. Mine fit in the SSII in the Commander size. It was tight to begin with but I used the trick of placing gun in a plastic bag, inserting in holster, and leaving it for a few hours.

SEXY gun! I have the same one and love it!!!:D Does it seat all the way to the bottom like a regular 1911 would? Would you assume that if it fits this it would fit a VMII?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I don't think that it goes quite all the way to the bottom but it is snug and I have no concerns about it's retention ability. This is the only Commander length 1911 I have, so I can't really compare how it sits with a traditional Commander.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts