1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first post.

I just bought a CPO Sig GSR Revolution STX, and after about 50 rounds the speed bump on the grip safety started to hurt my palm between the thumb and index. The gun itself shot very accurately at first, but as the discomfort grew i really began anticipating the recoil.

Anyone else have this issue, and if so, did you swap out the safety? I've shot plenty of other 1911s before and never felt the same discomfort I am feeling now.

·
Premium Member
7,058 Posts
duke,
I have never understood that grip safety. It looks as if it was designed to hurt!
All the force is concentrated on the spine.:scratch:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chingon said:
I'm not too crazy about mine and may change it out to an Ed brown or even do some work on the bump.
are the EB grip safeties that interchangable? or will it require some fenagling?

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I put the same on one of my S&W 1911s. It's a Caspian Speed Bump and it does take some getting used to. Now that I have put 500+ rounds thru mine I love it and wouldn't even consider switching. There's no way you could fail to release the safety with that which is what I like cause under stress you need all the help you can get! Give it some time.

·
Banned
322 Posts
dukesean said:
are the EB grip safeties that interchangable? or will it require some fenagling?
This page says the wilson, caspian , clark and SA use the same radius so it would probably be better to go with one on that list.

http://www.harrisoncustom.com/TextDesc/Beavertail.htm

Edit: This is what caspian says:

The Caspian radius is the same as the original Wilson/Clark safety. I believe you can still get these from Wilson.
Torrejon, I have never had a problem with a positive grip on a 1911 where the grip safety did not have any kind of bump at als. The speed bump is uncomfortable as heck and leaves my hand sore. If I were to grind down the part that goes right between the themb and finger it would be more comfortable and still have a bigger bump than the others. It just goes up too high as far as I am concerned.

In fact I am thinking about this one right here, the clark one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts