1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the GSR any good Ive read a bunch of reviews, half of them say that they are excellent the other half say that they are absolute crap, and have all types of problems

Does any one out there own one? Or shot one

Thanks

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Use the search, there was a thread started just like yours recently.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a Sig GSR C3 and use it as one of my concealed carries. I have not had any of the problems described by others. Many 1911 type problems are attributed to faulty clips/magazines. R

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
I can not speak for others - I have three GSR's and they run 100% and are very very accurate.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
old-lefty said:
I can not speak for others - I have three GSR's and they run 100% and are very very accurate.
I have one I picked up at the last gunshow about 2 weeks ago. It now has 500 rounds through it, and I won't consider it dependable until it reaches the 800 round mark, which it will tomorrow lol.

I have fired from 7/21/30/50 feet, with absolutely NO problems with the sights or accuracy. At30ft the weapon is shooting 1.35" groups. I have had NO malfs what so ever or any other problems.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
100% reliability

I own 2 Sig GSR's that I bought used and I love them both. This one I use as my nightstand gun and my other one is a two-tone compact I carry concealed. Both have never jammed or misfeed anything I have shot through them. I changed out the trigger, put a magwell on it and I made the grips out of Argentina Myrtle Burl wood. Even though they are series 80 guns, I really love the factory trigger pull on them. I dont think GSR's get enough attention in the gun world.

Very accurate and no MIM. At first I did not like the looks of them, but later on the distinct look of the slide grew on me. The external extractor has never been an issue. I trust them with my life...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I just bought the Platinum Carry and looking forward to shooting that rascal..but will change out the trigger for a Wilson and probably change the grips to the Rosewood ones from Sig...just don;t care for the Retro look of the Platinum as it comes...but it sure feels good in the hand...and its stainless and I need a stainless carry model...impressed overall with Sig...

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
That is one SWEET SIG with the rail and light!!! :rock: :rock:

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
ricor said:
I have a Sig GSR C3 and use it as one of my concealed carries. I have not had any of the problems described by others. Many 1911 type problems are attributed to faulty clips/magazines. R

I am a custom 1911 guy, but a friend of mine wanted me to shake down his C3 to make sure the sights were on and so forth.

At 10 yards, free hand, I was putting 3 rounds into one hole. And POA was right on with POI. I was also making head shots at 25 yards. No misses.

And here is the real happy find: Damn thing feed 185 wadcutters and 230 cast! You couldn't hammer it with out a jam, but slow fire she was good to go.

The thumb-safety was positive. Which is very important on a carry 1911. The C3 did come dehorned, but I still found a few sharp edges. But you can't have everything if you don't spend $2500! :dope:

Needless to say, my friend was one happy camper when I handed him back his pistol.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Really considering the GSR since the wife said I could get one for my Christmas present just this evening. She actually wrapped a plastic toy gun in a box that had a note on it for me to buy the gun I want. Too cool!!!!

Glad to hear the GSR is a quality 1911.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts