1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
The Sig forum has access restricted to members.

My take on it? The GSR is not my cup of tea. But Sig has an ironclad reputation for making reliable guns, something that none of the major 1911 makers can claim. That alone may allow Sig to murder the 1911 competition... assuming the price isn't stratospheric.

·
Premium Member
20,290 Posts
Excellent point in the Highroad thread...Colt trying to overcome bad times and Kimber forsaking high quality for high numbers. This may be perfect timing for a reasonably priced, top shelf clone.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I will venture to say given Sigs reputation that it will be well made and accurate (I can attest to this with 2 personally owned Sigs and an issued Sig Pro). It's uber tactical, but ugly. However, it doesn't have FCS or a FLGR that so many 1911 traditionalist dislike.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I cant imagine this thing will cost less than $1000. My guess, more. I want a SIG 45, but I want a P220. We'll have to see what these turn out to be. Maybe it will change my mind...I do like the SIG contoured slide.

Brian

·
Administrator
18,592 Posts
Interesting.

This may have a larger impact on the LE market.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I wish they left that darn rail off there. The Sig contouring on the slide really doesn't bother me. It has a firing pin safety though :rolleyes:

I can't wait to handle one, I'm sure they'll be an exceptional gun. It's exciting to see a new 1911 that was probably engineered rather than copied (Copyings is ok if the original manufacturing methods are used... but since no one makes 1911's like they used to a version reengineered for modern processes should kick butt!)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
So the SiGteen Eleven is real, and at last we have pictorial proof.
Wow.
It's interesting on some level to know the rumors were true, and of course I have an elementary interest in their execution.
However, I seem oddly overwhelmed by ambivalence. I'm too spoiled to buy factory guns anyway.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hmmm, I was starting to feel I was nearly maxed out with the 6 1911's I already have, but this looks interesting. I love my two Sig's I have now and like the looks of this. I could do without that rail, but perhaps having one with a rail wouldn't be too bad. I'll definitely be checking them out when they hit the shelves...

later,
AJ

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I don't really like the rail.

1911's have a bad rep? Thats weird or must be a regional thing--when I was growing up you ASPIRED to something like a Gold Cup or the like--those expensive nice guns. I like my sig fine, but its a utilitarian gun like a glock, etc. They just don't have the same...character or something...

Thats not to say those guns (sigs and glocks) are bad, but if its really $1200-$1500 I'd be shelling out for a high end 1911 from one of the custom/semi custom makers.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Looks like a nice piece. I'll echo the price concern though. Over $1000 there are a bunch of excellent 1911s. If that thing can hit the street for about $800-900 it will make serious waves.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well, the word over on Sigforum is the pistol will be very competitively priced. I am guessing there will be offerings well UNDER the $1000 mark.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I do not dig that rail on the frame at all. I wonder why they don't make one without the rail to retain some bit of purity?

Nala

·
Banned
5,951 Posts
For those interested.....this is what the Sig looks like.

Regards,
Sam

I've deleted the Sig pictures. Apparently the Sig Forum folks don't want others to see the new Sig.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
FYI, it appears the Sig Forum folks are pretty hysterical about any information "leaked" off their forum about the GSR. The THR thread got deleted as a result, and on the forum they are talking about going after people's IPs that leaked pics. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.