1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make thin grips for the older West German made P220s? The factory thin grips won't fit my P220.

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
Here is an article from the late Stephen A. Camp that talks about the problem you're having. http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/SIG-Sauer P220 Thin Stocks.htm

My understanding from reading on another forum is if you order a "hairpin style trigger bar spring and a new style mainspring", you should be able to fit at least the E2 grips on your old gun, but you may also be able to use the slim grips. I wouldn't bet on my word, since I'm not a SIG guy, but I'd at least give SIG a call and ask if those changes would work and if they can sell you the parts.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
On on SIG P220s (newer ones) I use the Hogue aluminum checkered grips. They work really well for me.

I do not know if these would fit on the older P220. A call to SIG and/or Hogue should clear things up.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Dave, to use the thin grips on German/W. German P220s, I use the later plastic mainspring seat, strut and mainspring. Not much added expense over just the thin grips, and easily installed.....ymmv

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone gave me thin P220 grips that had been modified to fit an older model. I contoured the main spring seat (old style) and the grips fit great. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I have an older West German Sig 220. It was made not long after they got rid of the European stype grip heel mag release, so it's an old one- circa 1986.

I put the Hogue G-10 grips on it with no issues whatsoever. They make a great pistol feel and handle even better.

I got mine from www.gregcotellc.com - He carries 96 flavors of Sig Grips. He's also a great source for mags and accessories of all types and he only carries quality stuff.
Shipping is very fast also.

Give him a call. He'll make sure that you get the right grips for your pistol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts