1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I was on their site the other day and I watched the video on the gun. It looks very interesting. I'd like to see one first hand. I wonder what they will cost?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think MSRP is like $699 but street cost will probably be around 100 less I am guessing. I like how simple it is and how you could have one frame design for more than one caliber.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Its a really neast approach when so many have now gone to changeable backstraps.

I look forward to handling one!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not seen anywhere yet but do you think the reset is something the user can change? It seems like the trigger mechanism is definitely easy to get too since you can take it out with a couple pins...would be a wonderful feature!

I wonder what the short trigger feels like?

·
Registered
874 Posts
mlk3454 said:
I have not seen anywhere yet but do you think the reset is something the user can change? It seems like the trigger mechanism is definitely easy to get too since you can take it out with a couple pins...would be a wonderful feature!

I wonder what the short trigger feels like?
It has the option of a shorter trigger pull as well, so maybe that will help

·
Registered
313 Posts
NonConformist said:
It has the option of a shorter trigger pull as well, so maybe that will help
Where did you get this information? Can you cite a source? I believe you might be talking of P22X that have the option of a short trigger which does nothing of changing the actual length of pull or the trigger reset. I've kept up with the topics on Sigforum for months and have never heard anyone make that claim, not even from Sig's recently previous marketing director.

Edit: I actually found a thread from their new marketing guy and he was talking about their DA/SA triggers being about 1/2 of an inch so I'm not sure if that is good or bad but I don't like DA/SA anyways :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the 250 was going to be DAO?

Anyways, I thought I heard about a short and long trigger. In what it is regarding reset, travel, just size, I have no clue.

·
Registered
313 Posts
mlk3454 said:
I thought the 250 was going to be DAO?

Anyways, I thought I heard about a short and long trigger. In what it is regarding reset, travel, just size, I have no clue.
Initially yes, but they are also working on a DA/SA model as well... this is straight from their new marketing guy.

·
Registered
415 Posts
hoping smaller

KML7201 said:
I was on their site the other day and I watched the video on the gun. It looks very interesting. I'd like to see one first hand. I wonder what they will cost?
I was really hoping it was going to be a small handgun but 15 rounds I think deems it kinda big , course that is sigs, not a pocket gun. Love the technological design but not sure I would do all the things to it one can do, yadda yadda.

·
Registered
874 Posts
G34Shooter said:
Where did you get this information? Can you cite a source? I believe you might be talking of P22X that have the option of a short trigger which does nothing of changing the actual length of pull or the trigger reset. I've kept up with the topics on Sigforum for months and have never heard anyone make that claim, not even from Sig's recently previous marketing director.

Edit: I actually found a thread from their new marketing guy and he was talking about their DA/SA triggers being about 1/2 of an inch so I'm not sure if that is good or bad but I don't like DA/SA anyways :p
From the video inked in the OP :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
NonConformist said:
From the video inked in the OP :)
Just like I thought, it's how far back or forward the trigger is placed and has nothing to do with how long the pull is or the trigger reset aka when the sear resets. You can hear the sear reset when the trigger finger is moving forward and it's pretty far up which is going backwards evolution wise... Even their Elite series has the SRT Short Reset Trigger;

"SIG engineers designed the SRT to provide you the same great safety and smooth action of the SIG DA/SA with a comfortable reset that is 60% shorter for faster trigger return and surgical control during high speed shooting."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts