1911Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Administrator
74,696 Posts
SIG needs to offer grip modules in small, medium and large hand sizes. The P365's grip fits my smallish hands just fine, but some of you guys with mitts big enough to palm a basketball likely can't stand it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I can shoot the 10 round mag Ok but prefer the 12. I also ordered extensions from I think it was NDX that are a little better than the Sig ones plus cool colors. I also bought a 15 round mag from Sig, very expensive do they think they are H&K, but only to be used as a back up mag or at the range.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Try the 12 round magazine. It is longer and may cure your grip issue.
That was my first step, but never got to the range with it due to shutdown. My plan is to move the FCU back to the stock grip module and change one of the 12 round mags back to work with that setup.

SIG needs to offer grip modules in small, medium and large hand sizes. The P365's grip fits my smallish hands just fine, but some of you guys with mitts big enough to palm a basketball likely can't stand it.
The funny thing is that my hands aren't very big. The smaller and lighter P938 is more substantial in my hand.

My buddy put a flat trigger in his P365 and I shot his more accurately. I may try that. Cheaper than buying a P365 XL and mixing things up.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Before I sold it because it hurts my finger, mine had a leather paddle, a DeSantis crossdraw and a Concealment Express IWB Kydez. They all went with the gun.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I purchased both the IWB and OWB Mitch Rosen holsters from Sig. The OWB pancake holster is not too bad but I didn’t care for the IWB holster. For pocket carry I find that the Sticky Holster size SM 5 works great.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The P365 was finally the answer for me, and it allowed me to stop buying one gun after another simply trying to find my Goldilocks gun for carry. I have plenty of decent carry options in my safe, but the P365 now gets nearly 100% of the carry rotation. A Ruger LCP usually fills in when even the P365 is too big, which is rare.
I could not have said it better myself.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Like others above, the P365 is a fav EDC. At 6'3" or so I have large hands and have over 1,000 rounds through mine shot with standard 10, extend 10 , and 12 round mags. While I like the additional purchase of the 12 round mags, I find them all easy to shoot.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
My wife carrys a P365xl as her EDC and she's a little bit 5'-2 64 year old .

One thing for sure don't let grip length make your choice for you . Rent and shoot a p365 or xl swap handgun even to help make up your mind . Your handle says it all No Expert !! You learn as you go . I carried a cm9 kahr for years as a at work pistol only . Now my smallest CC is a Kimber ultra 9mm or old s&w 669

·
Registered
838 Posts
the latest craze is putting the 365 slide on the 365XL grip module = perfect gun. Lots of videos on youtube reviewing it. Sig had better crank up production because the XL grip is sold out

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
the latest craze is putting the 365 slide on the 365XL grip module = perfect gun. Lots of videos on youtube reviewing it. Sig had better crank up production because the XL grip is sold out
I joined the crazed. Got my XL grip this afternoon. Too busy and too tired tonight to swap the fire control unit. Hope to sneak a few minutes in the morning to do the swap.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Gotta ask why? The longer barrel is no harder to conceal, has a longer sight distance, and higher velocity. It's the grip length that adds to concealment issues. What are you gaining?

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
It's a $40 experiment. Don't want another gun, just want a little longer grip that fills my hand. Not concern about losing concealability, it's still a small gun, a lot smaller than a baby 1911.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Yah I don't get it, the 365 is only cool because it's small. And for grip length the 12 round mags make them the same height.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So for you P365 owners, how are you carrying it??
Dale Fricke Archangel, appendix... Extremely comfortable and conceals nicely. I really like the Archangel appendix for my EDC rotation (VP9sk and occasionally still an XDs as well).

·
Administrator
74,696 Posts
Yah I don't get it, the 365 is only cool because it's small. And for grip length the 12 round mags make them the same height.
The problem with the 12-round extended mag in the P365 frame is that fast mag changes are problematic. Your hand overhangs the frame and interferes with dumping the old mag out and reinserting a fresh mag. Having the longer XL frame solves that problem.

Personally I prefer to carry my P365 with the 10-rounder and flat baseplate simply to get the smallest profile possible for pocket carry. If I were to hip carry I'd use the pinky-rest floorplate and then use the 12-rounder for my reload. Of course I am a very short individual and need the smallest possible package for concealment. Most guys are over 6' these days and find it much easier to carry a pistol with a longer grip.

·
Registered
36 Posts
NDZPerformance

For those who are using the 10 round magazine you might want to try NDZPerformance.com. They sell a mag extender for the 10 rounders, you don’t get more rounds but they give a better grip. I have put them on both of mine and it does help.

·
Registered
971 Posts
For those who are using the 10 round magazine you might want to try NDZPerformance.com. They sell a mag extender for the 10 rounders, you don’t get more rounds but they give a better grip. I have put them on both of mine and it does help.
Why bother, get a 12 round mag, 'mag extender' included, no extra cost!:rock:

41 - 60 of 68 Posts