1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Catalog weight is 41.6 oz which is over the CDP limit of 41 oz.
If yours' ACTUAL weight was 41 or less, you would be ok for CDP, if not you could still shoot it in ESP which has a 43 oz maximum.

I would not buy one in the hopes I could squeak it in, but if you already have the gun, few club level shoots would care. A state or regional sanctioned match would be likely to weigh guns and disallow it if over.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
My full length SIG SS 1911 was quoted as weighing 41.5OZ in the SIG catalog. I chose not to shoot it in the State IDPA match as I was afraid of D/Qing as overwieght. Weighed it on the chrono/scale stage, and it was 37.5 Oz with an empty mag.

Get a scale and weigh the pistol, Sig truly has no idea what it weighs.

As the prior poster stated, informal club matches won't care.

Good Luck,

RMD

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
As stated, club matches don't care and spec sheets can be off. If its what you want, buy it and see what happeds. If you're talking 1 oz over weight, there are ways to shave that off (sometimes just as easy as swapping grips or guide rods or something).

Technically I think the SA TRP is quoted as being over weight, yet its one of the more popular IDPA 1911's. Some guys weighed in no problem, other guys have had to play around a little. I've never had to weight mine so I don't know where its at...

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Reducing weight of a 1911

If a gun is slightly heavy, switching from a metal to a polymer mainspring housing can save weight, perhaps an ounce.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts