1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just saw the very lengthy discussion on the SIG forum myself. Definitely worth reading - although some of the posts will make your blood boil. Things like "No 1911 is reliable out of the box" "1911 design outdated" "gun is inherently inaccurate", "you can't buy a decent 1911 for under $1000" etc.

Rumor has it that cost will be about $900 - but that's unconfirmed.

Not to hijack thread, but I'm curious - how many of you would consider a SIG 1911?

How many would be interested if they also offered it in .357 or 10mm?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Who's next on this bandwagon? Jennings or Glock?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I just took a look at the pics on the SigForum. The Sig Granite Series has the wide standard Sig cocking serrations and an integrated light rail. The Frame looks a lot like the old boxier SA frames with a shorten operator dust cover. The slide looks more like a P220 slide with no FCS or a FLGR. It doesn't look bad, but I like S&W's contribution to the 1911 clone wars better.

·
Banned
5,951 Posts
Yep, this one I'm checking out! A 1911 that actually has a Sig look to it. I think this one will be very interesting. The 1911 war is heating up big time!

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I think it looks very well done! Time to trade in my Operator.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just got sent the photos of the new sig and I want one and I want it now!!!!!!.Very nice

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gawd that thing is ugly.
What is your definition of M1911 beauty?

Their Marketing Director posted the following info:

Feature & Benefits
• Machined and hand-fitted for maximum precision and tightest possible tolerances.
• Hand-lapped for outstanding frame-to-slide fit.
• Stainless steel construction and components ensure durability and flawless function.
• Crisp single-action trigger with firing pin safety.
• Picatinny rail accommodates a wide variety of accessories.
• 20-line per inch grooves on front strap and mainspring housing maximize control.
• Match-grade barrel.
• Uniquely designed recessed plunger tube provides rigidity and stability.
• External extractor provides greater longevity and consistency than standard GI extractors.
• Novak® sights.

GSR Specifications
Operation: Mechanically locked, recoil-operated, semi-automatic pistol
Trigger: Single-Action
Safety Features:
• Extended thumb safety
• Beavertail grip safety w/ speed bump
• Firing pin safety
• Hammer intercept notch
Caliber 45 AUTO
Length, overall 8.65”
Height, overall 5.50”
Width, overall 1.37”
Barrel length 5.00”
Rifling twist 1 in 15.75
Rifling grooves 6
Sight radius 6.50”
Weight, w/o magazine 39.2 oz.
Weight, empty magazine 2.4 oz.
Magazine capacity 8 rounds
All weights and dimensions are approximate. Specifications are subject to change without notice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
VVG said:
What is your definition of M1911 beauty?
Not so chunky and bulky looking. More along the lines of the original. Maybe I was looking at the wrong image? Can someone please tight click one of the Sig 1911 pics and select "properties" and post that? It would let me be 100% sure I was looking at the same thing you are.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts