1911Forum banner

*sigh* Pro Carry 9mm urge came today. Won't let go.

1255 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  AC26
Damn it. There is something wrong with me. Why do I want this? Especially in 9mm! I don't know. I just can't stop thinking about it. It's not that I don't trust the 9mm. I love 10mm's, .45's, 9x23, the .357 SIG. But half the pistols I've owned have been 9's (including a full sized Springer 9mm). Now, out of the freakin' blue I want- no, I NEED a Pro Carry in 9mm. The weirdest part is that I've never wanted a Kimber either! I prefer Springers! But Kimber has it all over Springfield when it comes to variety. No one can deny that.

Please, I would prefer posts from owners who love their Pro Carry (9's, not .45's) and have had nothing but positive experiences with theirs.

Or maybe I should ask the opposite so that I can be talked out of it. Who knows? I can't get one til January anyway so maybe the urge will pass.

Then again, maybe it won't...
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Wife's Pro Tac II in 9mm is superb! (Not a Pro Carry, but close)

· Registered
56 Posts
I bought a Pro Carry II in 9mm about 2 months ago and I really like it! I put Tru-Glo TFO sights on it and it is more accurate than either of my Springfield XDs. I had one problem with it initially and that was that the slide did not want to hold open after the last round. I was using the Kimber factory mag as well as a Colt and two Mec-Gars and had the problem with all of them. The dealer was going to send it back to Kimber but tweaked all the mags for me instead and it's been flawless since. I've got 700 rounds through it so far and it has become my favorite at the range. I also really like the fact that I can shoot about 2 1/5 times as much 9mm as .45 at the same cost. It's such a great carry gun that I'm going to get one in .45 as my primary concealed carry weapon.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10 round mags next year!!!

Got an e-mail from Shari Tripp over at Tripp Cobramags.

She confirmed that 9mm mags will be available early next year.

10 round capacity!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

· Registered
555 Posts
HiVelSword said:
Pro Carry 9mm urge came today. ~~ Now, out of the freakin' blue I want- no, I NEED a Pro Carry in 9mm. The weirdest part is that I've never wanted a Kimber either! I prefer Springers! But Kimber has it all over Springfield when it comes to variety. No one can deny that.

Please, I would prefer posts from owners who love their Pro Carry (9's, not .45's) and have had nothing but positive experiences with theirs.

Or maybe I should ask the opposite so that I can be talked out of it. Who knows? I can't get one til January anyway so maybe the urge will pass.

Then again, maybe it won't...
HiVelSword,
Did the urge pass? :hrm:
Apparently it's contagious because I have found myself daydreaming about a 9mm 1911, mainly due to cheap ammo and less recoil.
I currently have a Tactical Pro II .45 and love it, but a twin would be nice.

Just wondering if you ended up getting one, and if so, what you think of it?

Thanks,

· Registered
199 Posts
I feel you have made a great choice!To give an example, I want to have all handguns in 1911 style with different calibers.I have tried many types of pistols and for me the 1911 has the best triggers and actions.I do not like the slack a da or da/sa trigger gives you.Next up will be a 9mm.Then I will go for a 22 and a 40.Then my collection will be complete.As for Kimber, well, it will be the only company I will own.I have had zero problems with the Custom even with the external extractor and the original mag.I have purchased Wilson mags on advise from my gunshop, but I have not had a problem with any of the mags that I own.The price of ammo on the other hand is a different story.GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!!

· Registered
24 Posts
I have the Tactical Pro II in 9mm. Like it very well, Shoots great, looks great, had a couple of minor problems during break-in, but running good now. Only problem I still have is the mag release catches on the mag and won't always release. I callled Kimber, and they are sending me a relieved mag release. Oh, did I mention how ACCURATE this gun is?!!!

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sarhog said:
HiVelSword,
Did the urge pass? :hrm:
Apparently it's contagious because I have found myself daydreaming about a 9mm 1911, mainly due to cheap ammo and less recoil.
I currently have a Tactical Pro II .45 and love it, but a twin would be nice.

Just wondering if you ended up getting one, and if so, what you think of it?

Thanks,
Didn't pass. I get my w2 next week and immediately going to file. My return will pay for my Pro Carry. I'll let you know as soon as I get it/shoot it. :)

· Registered
1 Posts
I have had my Kimber 9mm Pro Carry for about two weeks. I love it ( it's my 3rd Kimber). No problems. Great Gun. Only issue are the two Mec-GAR nickel
mags wont hold the slide open after the last round. The kimber mags work fine. I will be getting some "Tripps" when they come out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.