1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sig P220 Legion in 10mm. I had certified gunsmith change out the rear fixed sights to new fixed. I went to the range and shot 13 rounds and the sight fell off. Upon inspection the underside of the Trijicon sight was mangled. He said it went in easy and he used a punch to install, not a sight pusher. Is it possible since its a 10mm that the Trijicon sights are not a match? They were made for the P-Series which included the 220 model. Any other way these could be damaged like this other than him not taking his time and pounding it in?

Attachments

· Registered
3,647 Posts
I have fit quite a few dovetailed sights over the years. What Reinz said. That sight was NOT properly fitted, and did not go in "easy". Wonder who "Certified" him? Thing is, most anybody can acquire an FFL, and hang out a shingle that says, "Gunsmith". There are no standards. Perhaps it might be more appropriate for your gunsmith to hang out a shingle that says, "Certified Gun Plumber Extraordinaire" ?

· Registered
2,447 Posts
Yeah, stay away from someone's gunsmith shop that also sells sushi. I agree, don't trust him, his repair might make it a lot worse for your gun. Walk away. In my former profession, it was called a "second opinion." NV

1 - 20 of 60 Posts