1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've narrowed that Novak cuts are used on recent DWs, but I can't seem to find info on what the stock slope is on DWs.

I have a Wraith with suppressor height night sights that shoot probably an inch high at 25 yards. I'd like to keep the POI relatively close, but switch to a low profile 10-8 rear (.325" height) and some unspecified tritium front sight.

Anyone have any experience dealing with sight height on DWs? recommendations for front sights?

another obligatory pic

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think Keith said they put in .180 tall front sights. I measured several of my Gov. length DW's and they all have a .180 front. I never changed them out they are from the factory. All non suppressor height rears are the same height according to Keith also.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think Keith said they put in .180 tall front sights. I measured several of my Gov. length DW's and they all have a .180 front. I never changed them out they are from the factory. All non suppressor height rears are the same height according to Keith also.
Some of the older ones were .140 and you had to put in a .180 to correct the POI....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Any idea about rear height? Without actually seeing one in person, the stock Valor seems higher than the .325 10-8 sights.
No idea on the rears. I had an older CCO that came with .140 front and needed a .180 front to make it shoot right...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it makes sense that a CCO would need a taller one than a govt, but Im also understanding the govt models come standard with. 18s

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
All of our guns, barring SR models, use the same height rear sight. As a rule, 1911's all use the same "standard height" rear sight. Your sights are mathematically equivalent to a standard rear and .180 front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts