1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1911 presently has wilson combat pyramid sight.

It's a very well made sight, but I have a hard time shooting well with it. Is there an easier to use fixed sight to be found. I'd appreciate your ideas.

·
Registered
494 Posts
That's an early example of our Professional Grade sight. It's currently available in three dovetail cuts - Novak, Heinie, and modified Heinie, or YoBo cut(does not have the rear overhang on the blade). They'll be available foe Kimbers within a week or two, followed by XD's, and others.

Changes from the original are as follows - rear serrations are now 50lpi rather than 40, and the setscrew is a larger 8-32 for better holding power in the case of an oversized dovetail.

The sights are CNC machined and finished in house, individually dimension checked on a fixture. The notch is .140 wide, and flared outward slightly away from the shooter. They will accept full depth tritium vials in either straight 8 or traditional 3-dot format. They'll be available with tritium soon.

I hope the info helps. Give us a call if you need anything further.

·
Registered
106 Posts
RB47 said:
My 1911 presently has wilson combat pyramid sight.

It's a very well made sight, but I have a hard time shooting well with it. Is there an easier to use fixed sight to be found. I'd appreciate your ideas.
what are the problems that you have encounter with your front sight? glare during sunny afternoon? i had the back part of the front sight sawn off. now the front sight is square shaped. no more glare......and one guy told me to put soot deposits on the ramp part of the sight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for imput from all. Yes, front sight glare is a large part of the problem tyke. I'm a informal target shooter, mainly 25yd bullseye. Normally my 1911's have adj. sights. But since I generly shoot only one load in 45acp, I thought I'd give fixed sights a try. If I can find the right sight combo fixed sights will stay on my 45's. That is a very nice looking rear sight Mr Yost.

·
Administrator
18,603 Posts
Ted Yost said:
I kinda like this one...
As do I! :)
A great sight. But Ted already knows I like it...thats why I bought it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.