1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an EFS today; I think I'm going to replace the sights immediately, after the 10 day waiting period. I want to just install the new sights myself, and was thinking of Novak Low Mount tritium sights. Will these fit the pistol without having to machine the slide? If anyone has any other recommendations for night sights, they'd be appreciated, the Novaks are just what I'm considering now.

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know if Charles Daly slides are already machined to accept Novak Low Mount sights???

Ryan

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not sure about Novaks but if you want low-mount sights, I think Gunny and James Beam were able to replace theirs with a drop-in Chip Mc Cormick without too much fuss.

·
Registered
192 Posts
From what I understand the older non Enhanced model with the Gov't style sight are standard colt gov't dovetail cut. However the newer Enhanced models have a different dovetail cut. I do not know what it is compatible with.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just picked up the EFS yesterday; it's definitely not a standard dovetail rear sight like the old model, it's more like the cut for Novak sights. I'm just not sure if it's exactly the same, and I don't want to buy a Novak or Wilson sight only to find out that it won't fit without modification to the slide.

Actually the stock sights are better than I thought from my first inspection of the pistol 10 days ago, so I'll probably just stick with them for a while. For some reason I thought the stock sights were plastic, but they're metal; they look similar to the sights Les Baer uses.

The stock magazine release is another story, though... the mag release hits the magazine as I'm inserting it and I have to press it in to insert the mag. I think I'll add a new mag release to the list of stuff I want for this pistol.

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts