1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting for months for my parts and they are finally starting to show up. My slide arrived yesterday and I rough fit everything into it (just to make myself feel better :) ).
My question is on the sights required for this slide. Can anyone tell by these pictures which style (type?) I would require to fit it? Just the standard GI or is there an adjustable that I can install without major machine work?
Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It looks like a standard dovetail to me, but I am no expert. I have seen adjustable sights that are marketed to fit the factory dovetail, but I have not seen one that looked worth a crap.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I would consider having a dovetail cut in the front of the slide for the front sight. This would allow you to install your own sights without staking them and give you a lot of flexibility as to sight style and height.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like your suggestion Gammon, but there is no gunsmith in this area that can do that for me. I could take it to a machine shop - but I am not convinced that having someone "practice" on my slide is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found these ones on Fusion Firearms web site. They should work.
http://www.fusionfirearms.com/servlet/Detail?no=263
I have been searching this forum for information on how the front site installs, lots of information here, but I must be a little thick today. I still am having a hard time grasping how exactly it installs. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts