1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an Inglis #1Mk1 last week. If has the tangent rear sight and although it is unique as far as history,etc it has the worst sight picture I've ever seen. I was wondering if the fixed sight is any better. I can get a stripped Inglis fixed sight slide for a good price. I'm toying with the idea of shooting stock IPSC a couple of times a year and might use the Hi-Power.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Striker, With the fixed sight slide, the sight picture may be marginally better, but you do have the option of changing sights to a number of different type if time and budget allow. I personally think that the tangent sight is more of a novelty and historic item than a useful option.

------------------
Don Williams www.theactionworks.com www.pickagrip.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Don. My thoughts on the tangent sight too. Looks unique,not very usefull. I'm going to go with the fixed sight slide and update the sights as budget allows. The most important thing is..I finally have a Hi-Power.

·
Registered
568 Posts
How can the sights be changed on the fixed sight slide?

Also, will a modern Hi-Power upper fit on an Inglis frame?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Striker, Yes to both questions. An Inglis slide will fit just fine on a later gun, and the fixed type Inglis sights can be changed with the removal of the "hump" in back which holds the integral rear sight. I converted one to Novaks some years back, and it worked out just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts