Jeans Hairstyle Facial expression Organ Happy

Human Organism Mammal Font Cartoon
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
The top cartoon does not have a clear message.

But what I read into it is that the opinions of the parents doesn't matter as long as the kids don't have the same bias problems.

Foe example, my wife does not share any of the political ideals of her father.

And I'm very far from having the same moral shortcomings of my father. So neither of us bring our parent's poop into OUR relationship.

All is well.

·
Registered
432 Posts

But what I read into it is that the opinions of the parents doesn't matter as long as the kids don't have the same bias problems.

And I'm very far from having the same moral shortcomings of my father. So neither of us bring our parent's poop into OUR relationship.

All is well.
Dude, this just flew over your head. if thats what you got out of it, Im not sure what to say

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

All is well.
It's a totally different way of seeing things. The general, intended message is missed or ignored, and the woke improvisation becomes the subject of the message.

·
Administrator
80,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm lucky that even though my family are all a bunch of rabidly anti-gun liberals they cut me some slack and don't pester me about my gun-obsessed, red-neck beliefs. Even my ex-wife didn't give me too much grief over it. I do feel sorry for those who end up in a relationship that proves toxic over a difference of opinion. However you do need to know who you're getting involved with before tying the knot...
Clothing Hair Arm Facial expression Muscle

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts

All is well.
Yep.

Any family gatherings coming up???

Any discussion involving politics or religion is OFF LIMITS!!!! PERIOD!! Don't even hint about it.

So far so good.....................

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yep.

Any family gatherings coming up???

Any discussion involving politics or religion is OFF LIMITS!!!! PERIOD!! Don't even hint about it.

So far so good.....................
My whole family is pretty solid on gun rights. But they don't always vote the way I do. Such is life. There are liberals that value gun rights and all rights.

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
Biscut ----------- Yes, she agreed with him that

love was all that matters, as long as he's not like his parents.

Because HE seems to be accepting of HER because, presumably, she's not like HER folks either.

It looks like the kids are just fine despite their parent's opinions of each other's families.

For example , My dad was an alcoholic. That did not matter to my wife because I don't have that problem.

And my wife's mom is a problem gambler. But my wife is not afflicted with that.

So it didn't matter. This is how it should be in all relationships: judge your mate on THEIR qualities. Not on their folks.

But hey, I admit that I may be reading way to much into this 'toon.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
I deal with my daughter's anti-gun beliefs every time the subject comes up, so I just keep silent. There is no changing her mind or trying to reason with her. According to her, she grew up in a completely different home than I remember. She has her memories, that are way different from what went on, but it's not worth the grief to try to enlighten her to the real world. Some people just think they grew up in a totally different world that this one.

Grumpy

• Wow
Reactions: trebore

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I have heard many a young single Conservative male state that finding a young decent Conservative single female was like looking for the Oak Island treasure!!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I would never be involved with any female that was anti-gun. Women make up over half of our population. There are simply too many of them to settle on one that is too stupid to understand and exercise her 2nd A rights. This may sound misogynistic but our country declined with feminism and their perceived importance. Women are emotional beings and I love them but they are not in most cases very logical thinkers, I can count on one hand the few I have met that think logically about important issues. They overwhelmingly vote democrat. I am lucky now I am with one who is a very logical thinker and thinks things through exceptionally well. She was raised by her father and thinks like a man but she is all woman in the most important of ways. Loved the cartoon.

·
Premium Member
Every firearm I own, I built myself.
2,214 Posts
The real sign of the times is people arguing about a joke. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.