2459 46
Jeans Hairstyle Facial expression Organ Happy

Human Organism Mammal Font Cartoon
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15,465 Posts
The top cartoon does not have a clear message.

But what I read into it is that the opinions of the parents doesn't matter as long as the kids don't have the same bias problems.

Foe example, my wife does not share any of the political ideals of her father.

And I'm very far from having the same moral shortcomings of my father. So neither of us bring our parent's poop into OUR relationship.

All is well.

· Registered
15,465 Posts
Biscut ----------- Yes, she agreed with him that

love was all that matters, as long as he's not like his parents.

Because HE seems to be accepting of HER because, presumably, she's not like HER folks either.

It looks like the kids are just fine despite their parent's opinions of each other's families.

For example , My dad was an alcoholic. That did not matter to my wife because I don't have that problem.

And my wife's mom is a problem gambler. But my wife is not afflicted with that.

So it didn't matter. This is how it should be in all relationships: judge your mate on THEIR qualities. Not on their folks.

But hey, I admit that I may be reading way to much into this 'toon.

· Registered
15,465 Posts
I think the cartoon is incomplete. It does not show the whole conversation. But I understand the limitations of the Single Panel format.

I used to do cartooning work back in the day. Lot's of T shirts, skateboard decks, surfboards, ads, club flyers, that sort of stuff.

I also had a regular strip in BMW Roundel Magazine called "Skitz Von Bimmerhead." I recently looked online to find that the name lives on as a User Name on some car-related forums.

Other than that, it has vaporized.

· Registered
15,465 Posts
Biscut -------- I get that. And she is dressed in Modern Counter Culture style.

But I was seeing a deeper truth in regards to relationships.

The boy says: "Our Love" so I was assuming that their romance is pretty well established, between the couple, at this point. Like the Romeo & Juliet referenced in the title.

Again, I admit that I'm probably peering three feet down into a one-inch puddle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.