2500 Views 46 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  dsk
Jeans Hairstyle Facial expression Organ Happy

Human Organism Mammal Font Cartoon
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
1,109 Posts
The top cartoon does not have a clear message.

But what I read into it is that the opinions of the parents doesn't matter as long as the kids don't have the same bias problems.

Foe example, my wife does not share any of the political ideals of her father.

And I'm very far from having the same moral shortcomings of my father. So neither of us bring our parent's poop into OUR relationship.

All is well.
The message that was clear to me, or maybe the way I read it, was that libs are not willing to accept others as they are. The conservative leaning young guy was willing to accept their differing views.

· Registered
131 Posts
“ The message that was clear to me, or maybe the way I read it, was that libs are not willing to accept others as they are. The conservative leaning young guy was willing to accept their differing views. “

The message is that we are what our parents make us.
The boy wasn’t being woke. He‘s just working within his limitations and won’t ever make a stand until he learns how to get some on his own terms.

· Registered
1,109 Posts
“ The message that was clear to me, or maybe the way I read it, was that libs are not willing to accept others as they are. The conservative leaning young guy was willing to accept their differing views. “

The message is that we are what our parents make us.
The boy wasn’t being woke. He‘s just working within his limitations and won’t ever make a stand until he learns how to get some on his own terms.
Or maybe you have different life experiences than I do and it shapes your frame of reference to see things as you see them?
"The message is that we are what our parents make us".....to you. Thats not the message to me or possibly to others. Isnt individuality great.

· Registered
597 Posts
I have heard many a young single Conservative male state that finding a young decent Conservative single female was like looking for the Oak Island treasure!!! :ROFLMAO:
You need to point them to the nearest public gun range and also suggest that they attend a few shooting matches. They're looking in all the wrong places, as the song goes...

Two women own the gun range where I work (and no, they're not a lesbian couple - both are married with husbands and kids). I'd say that about 70% of my monthly CWP class students are women. There's also an all-female shooting group that meets at least once a month at our range (and often holds fund-raisers for their club on Saturdays). Men do outnumber women on the rifle range, but at least half of the shooters we get on the pistol range are women (and a lot of them are there by themselves).

· Registered
5,350 Posts
You need to point them to the nearest public gun range and also suggest that they attend a few shooting matches. They're looking in all the wrong places, as the song goes...

Two women own the gun range where I work (and no, they're not a lesbian couple - both are married with husbands and kids). I'd say that about 70% of my monthly CWP class students are women. There's also an all-female shooting group that meets at least once a month at our range (and often holds fund-raisers for their club on Saturdays). Men do outnumber women on the rifle range, but at least half of the shooters we get on the pistol range are women (and a lot of them are there by themselves).
Most of the single women I saw at public ranges or in shooting classes were sadly doing so as a result of restraining orders.

Yet again, let us not fall prey to insular forum "think" and assume that just because someone is at a shooting range that they are going to vote Republican. Many Liberals have swallowed hook, line & sinker the Radical Left's claims about the "ultra-violent" Alt Right and are arming themselves.

So, if you happen to see one looking at guns in a store steer them toward the more expensive ones as they'll make for better battlefield pickups. :whistle: :D ;)

· Registered
15,475 Posts
I think the cartoon is incomplete. It does not show the whole conversation. But I understand the limitations of the Single Panel format.

I used to do cartooning work back in the day. Lot's of T shirts, skateboard decks, surfboards, ads, club flyers, that sort of stuff.

I also had a regular strip in BMW Roundel Magazine called "Skitz Von Bimmerhead." I recently looked online to find that the name lives on as a User Name on some car-related forums.

Other than that, it has vaporized.

· Registered
30,031 Posts
My wife is from the Netherlands. So as far as guns were concerned I was pretty much starting with a clean slate. Fast forward to a day many years ago when she tells me that she wants her own .45. So I take her down to the LGS and show her a few of their offerings. I have always kind of been partial to Colts So I was kind of pushing her in that direction but she wanted to look further.
Long story short is that she wanted the Ed Brown Special forces, which we came home with. She shoots it better than I can. I guess that I did something right.

· Registered
597 Posts
Most of the single women I saw at public ranges or in shooting classes were sadly doing so as a result of restraining orders.
Not even. The women in my CWP classes are there for the exact same reasons as the men - to be prepared to exercise their 2A and God-given rights of self-defense in a lawful manner. Now there was a surge in all CWP applicants starting with the ANTIFA and BLM riots. The numbers have remained pretty high, but the comments that I hear about that mostly revolve around the threat that Dems and the anti-2A crowd pose to lawful firearms ownership. The general feeling is that if someone has even ever thought about owning a firearm for self or home defense, that person better act before the Dems can.

Democratic pols sell more firearms and ammunition than the NRA has ever dreamed of. Every time Dems make noises about gun-control, sales to both men AND women spike. Sure, there are radical leftists who are arming themselves, but they're doing so because of their own revolutionary dreams and goals.

As to the political affiliations of the women in my CWP classes, I don't ask (not being pertinent to the class or having time to go off on tangents). FWIW, I do know that a lot of them are honorably discharged or retired military. (I have visibility on that status since folks in that category are exempted from the live-fire test requirement for our state's CWP.) Beyond that, all I can say is that they are clearly exercising their 2A right, which at least implies that they believe in that right and the fundamental reasons for it.

However, I can say that based on direct discussions and overheard talk that the majority of our regular female patrons are pretty darned conservative.

My point, though, is that a conservative man looking for a conservative woman isn't going to find one in the local Starbucks or the vegan foods aisle at the Whole Foods. If it's a matter of where you spend your discretionary recreation time, then a local gun range is likely to be more productive.

· Registered
131 Posts
Or maybe you have different life experiences than I do and it shapes your frame of reference to see things as you see them?
"The message is that we are what our parents make us".....to you. Thats not the message to me or possibly to others. Isnt individuality great.
“ The message that was clear to me, or maybe the way I read it, “

The message wasn’t clear to you. It was definitely the way you read it, but the way you read it still make you okay with the boy being woke. That’s not productive. The only answer is that a commie chick will never have a real man.

· Registered
1,109 Posts
“ The message that was clear to me, or maybe the way I read it, “

The message wasn’t clear to you. It was definitely the way you read it, but the way you read it still make you okay with the boy being woke. That’s not productive. The only answer is that a commie chick will never have a real man.
Jeez dude you really more to do than to try and guess my personality or beliefs based on your unfounded beliefs of me. Go read what I've written here in the past. You're way off.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
The girl in the cartoon sounds like my soon-to-be ex daughter-in-law !
made my son change his red t-shirt because it made him look to much MAGA ! Nut job !

· Registered
172 Posts
Yep.

Any family gatherings coming up???

Any discussion involving politics or religion is OFF LIMITS!!!! PERIOD!! Don't even hint about it.

So far so good.....................
That is not a problem for the wife and me. When Trump ran for president and we put a Trump sign in our yard that eliminated the Dem-o-rat family and friend liberals from talking to us for ever!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.