1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
I love my 226 and 229 Legions
Shot my son’s P226 Legion and loved it. It’s a true upgrade from other P226’s, every single improvement is measurable. If I didn’t already have a Mk-25, I’d be all over a P226 Legion. In fact, I’d still like to own one.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
I have a P220 that was my very first .45 ACP (not the desireable W German stamp, unfortunately...but I like it) and also have a P938 Extreme which is my current EDC.

I like Sig, but not sure there's another one out there I'd want (maybe a 226-X6 if it was a good deal). I have ZERO interest in their 1911s...even for a good deal. Not sure why, but (just like Kimber) they have never appealed to me.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I carried two personally owned, authorized for duty use Sigs for the last 7 years before I retired. One was a Stainless Elite P226 .40 and the other was a Stainless Elite P229 .40. I sold the P226 to another agent and I continued to carry the P229 until I retired. I'm not that much of a Sig fan, and the only reason I bought those two Sigs was because our agency's list of personally owned hand guns that were authorized for duty carry was limited.

And I don't like carrying someone else's pistols, even issued pistols. You get an issued gun and you don't know how much abuse that it was subjected to before you got it. Plus, my Stainless Elite Sigs were both all steel (stainless in my case) DA/SA pistols instead of the issued DAK (I hate DAK triggers) and aluminum alloy lower receivers (I hate aluminum or plastic in a pistol). I've always preferred a 1911 all steel pistol and as soon as I retired I sold that Sig P229 and only carry a 1911 10mm now.

Here's a picture of that Sig P229.

A picture of the P226 before I sold it.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
The butt-ugliest $40K firearm you'll ever spend

...and so very practical.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I've only got my Legion 226 SAO left but I do enjoy it quite a bit. Ultimately my back decided it's too heavy to be a carry gun, but it does a fine job on the nightstand and every time I take it to the range I reaffirm my appreciation for it.

Though, my wife does like my EDC X9 better, so I've been idly thinking on replacing it with a 5" EDC X9 one of these days so the bedroom option fits her a bit better, though my carry X9 is available if I'm home so I'll probably just keep it.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
SIGs and 1911s, I love 'em. Re: the SIGs I'm at five P220 SAS, P226, P229, P365 and P320 x-compact. I have others but the one I can kick myself for selling was a W. German P228 (matching SNs).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 1911/EDCX9 centric now but carried a P226 for almost 17yrs, shot thousands of rounds per week through them, lots of sand/water and abuse! Never had a malfunction despite min cleaning (did have a few slides crack due to round count and some mag spring failures) loved the grip angle, it will always have a special place in my heart!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have four Sigs. German P226, P228, SP2022 and a P320 9mm Carry. We'll see if the P320 is as good as the other three in about 10 to 15 years.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just picked up a P232 for my wife (for her birthday, it's her dream gun) and a 1911 Ultra. Haven't made it to the range yet but hope to remedy that tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Used to have a P220 in 45acp I now have a P365 and a 938.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Years ago I owned a W. German-produced P220. Sold it but don't have any regrets. I recently purchased a Sig P250 9mm compact pistol because I liked the DAO trigger. I haven't had a chance to shoot the pistol yet since all the ranges are closed. But that may change soon in the DFW area.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts