1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I've got one and love it. Being a southpaw, I was pleased to see that there are hidden slash pockets with gun retaining straps on both sides. It's a very heavy jacket, might as well call it a coat. I think the SigTac is all the coat I'll need this winter. My local gun store/range is selling them for $75 (I paid less :) ).

·
Registered
638 Posts
Primers, I may have asked you this before in a quarry about this jacket, but i can't remember who told me that it is not quite long enough to conceal an OWB holster. Do you concur? I guess you will if you are the person who has already told me, apologies for the rehash.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
higgy1911 said:
Primers, I may have asked you this before in a quarry about this jacket, but i can't remember who told me that it is not quite long enough to conceal an OWB holster. Do you concur? I guess you will if you are the person who has already told me, apologies for the rehash.
No Higgy, it wasn't me. But, IMO the jacket isn't long enough to "properly" conceal an OWB holster. It might hide the holster if you stand still, don't bend or stretch or make any other natural movement.

One thing though: The jacket is useful in so far as it has the built-in gun stashing pockets. But, sooner or later you'll have to take the jacket off, and then what do you do with the gun. I guess I have to have my IWB holster on, and slip the gun into it when taking off the jacket. Since I just got the jacket I haven't figured the whole thing out yet. Is nothing ever easy :scratch: ?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
CTSA1911,

The jacket is well made, but very heavy compared to others made from lighter weight materials with the same insulative values. I agree that it's a little short for comfortable concealment with an OWB holster. To me, it's best purpose is for quick, casual, short term carry, when you just don't want to take the time to strap on a conventional rig. If you carry a full size '11 for any length of time, you're probably gonna regret it. The jacket will shift and hang heavy on the gun side. It gets pretty irritating after a while. You can avoid this by only using it for a pocket sized and weight gun.

You're not gonna set any records drawing from this thing, but if owning it is the difference between having a slow draw or no draw ('cuz ya left your blaster at home) then I'd say go for it. As a bonus, the gun pockets are big enough to tote small game or lunch on a hunt.:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.