1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sheldonj (in another thread) mentioned that Silver Bear ammo is made in Russia but is different from Wolf in that it has a plated case rather than laquered like Wolf.

So, anyone here tried it yet? I assume Sheldon has...

More info, please! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hae used this ammo in my kimber tac II with no problems, however it would not feed in my colt commander. 230 gr hollow point.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have used Silver Bear in 9mm 147G in several "O" Frame Colt type guns and it worked fine. It was not as clean as my standard reloads but it would work fine for several hundred rounds.
I have also used Silver Bear in 223 62G and it was great.
Ed Henry

·
Registered
673 Posts
Silver Bear

I have shot several hundreds rds of .223 in my AR's... Always has worked without any FTF/E I missed the last two gun shows or I would have bought another case. At $2 or so a box, you can't beat it...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can tell you from experience silver bear is pure garbage. I bought 500 rounds of 9mm and threw away 400 rounds of it. Most cases stuck in the chamber of my CZ 75 and I had one squib load the lodged the bullet in the barrel. It is no fun getting one out either. My friend had problems in his glock and bdm. I refused to shoot anymore and pitched it.

There are a lot better cheap ammo choices available. I stay learned the hard way to stay away from russian ammo.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I've had mixed results with both 9mm and 45acp SilverBear. My S&W 908s will shoot the 9mm, but none of my other 9mm pistols will. My Glock 36 eats up the 200 grn hollow points, but none of my 1911s will even feed it. Thats with using McC power mags and Wilson Combat mags. I've had good luck with it in my Browning 380 BDA. The 380 ammo seemed to have polished casings, the other calibers did not.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Saw a guy trying to shoot some in his AR a while back, had a few cases get stuck in the chamber. Don't know if it was a gun or ammo problem but I'd venture to say ammo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts