1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience and/or comments on Silver Bear ammo? Apparently made in Russia, in 45ACP 200gr at $150 per 1000. I stay away from Wolf in my auto pistols, and am curious about this stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My only personal experience with this product was last year, when a friend and I were shooting his new Springfield XD 9. The pistol ran perfectly on everything but this stuff- one of the first few rounds squibbed and locked up the pistol (the case could not be extracted, and the projectile was jammed into the bbl. )

Judicious use of a dowel and hammer were required to clear the problem.

I would not personally choose to run nickle-plated steel case ammunition in any of my pistols, but I understand the attraction of inexpensive ammunition (which is why I reload...)

I have no experience with this brand in .45.

Staying away from Wolf strikes me as a good choice based on my personal opinion and observations, though I certainly am aware that lots of people like the stuff.

I have seen it turn very good pistols into jam-o-matics.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

...for the feedback. Your comments were what I somewhat expected. I usually buy ammo from Georgia Arms, or Ammoman, but had not heard of Silver Bear before, and was curious. I might run Wolf in my AK47....but that's all.....and all, it was made for that level of ammo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went to the range today with my RIA and brought 250rds of 230gr Silver Bear with me. I shot all of the ammo and my RIA gave me no problems.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Its not Nickel, its Zinc. I bought 100rnds of the Bear from AIM. Havernt shot it yet, but the quality looks to be less than Wolf, which I love.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts